*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 29, 2008

And now for something completely different....


Having a Happy day!! It's always good to have some B'day cards on hand, so when I saw today SCS color challenge I knew I would make a Happy card! The colors are Basic blk, P.Pomegranate and Sky blue. The card itself is a two-way-open card, a unique way technique. The base is blk. with the front flap cut on an angle. The lt blue DP in over the cut flap only. When the flap is lifted, the cranberry opens up like a tablet. The blk piece is attached to the front on the cranberry "tablet" along with a blk brad. After the "tablet" is open the white insert is attached. The sheer white ribbon is tied around the blk piece only as to not hinder the opening of the card. The focal image is the cake from Blooming with Happiness (SU! hostess) stamped in black with dazzling diamonds on the candle flames. The top, stamped layer is lt. blue on white on blk on cranberry and a black brad. Again the scanner does not show the sparkle, too bad, it looks fabulous! I hope this encourages you to try a new technique or at least think outside-the-box. I'll have another look at a two-way-open card later. The first one I made, the colors did not show up well but I did have views of each of the openings which would probably be helpful. Off to make more B'day cards. Blessings!!

No comments: