*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 12, 2008

Sweet Dreams.......embossing resist.



As soon as I saw this little lamb from Hanna Stamps I knew I wanted to do something for baby. It's so sweet.
My baby just turned 10! Hard to believe and while it would be fun to have a baby with all the teens/preteens in the house.....I'm enjoying this new phase. They can all fend for themselves...which leaves me time for stamping! yeah!! Note: I do not in anyway neglect my children to stamp. :)
The technique used on this card is soo kewl and easy. Simply take a white card, stamp your image in Versamark and clear emboss. Next, choose a color, load your brayer and ink the card. It will look splotchy at first but as the white cs absorbs the color it will even out. When dry, take a tissue and wipe off any ink on the embossed image and POP! There you have it! My daughter used this technique with the flowers from Best Blossoms (SU!) (it resembled a Hawaiian shirt) so she cut it into the shape of a surfboard to embellish a card. Too cute! This card was for the DIY-DP, Friday's Splitcoast Stampers Limited Supply Challenge. (Do It Yourself-Designer Paper) And this technique fits under my label for money-saving tips! Have a great weekend!

No comments: