*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 10, 2008

Sunflowers in May?!

Sunflowers, not quite the season for these but they're so pretty! Arizona is so sunny but I'm starting to miss all the East Coast flowers. Don't get me wrong, AZ has such beautiful scenery and the mountains........breathtaking! We were at Canyon Lake, just gorgeous. And for those of you who know the area, no we did not go through the scary narrow road pass Tortilla Flats! We're having so much fun!!! But vacations must end and real life begin again, it will be fun to get back to my stamping and card making again! I share this card with you because I've only been stamping for 14 months now and this is one I made a few months ago. I look at it now and think, "I'm not sending that to anyone, it's awful!" I have learned so much since then. So what would I change about this card? Well, I would add layers, maybe some gold behind the vanilla. And how about brown seed beads in the center of the flowers. I might pop the bee and stamp a sentiment on an oval punched piece of olive cs. Maybe use pastels to give the hint of sky behind the flowers. And some navy brads in the bottom corner. Or ticket punch the corners. Do you look at your older cards and think they aren't good enough? Well that's good, because we should be learning and growing in our craft, shouldn't we?! So, good for you, and just think what your cards will look like by this time next year!! Be blessed and have a wonderful day! Oh, and there are only 14 days until the Blog Candy anouncement! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Wanda. said...

VERY pretty. I LOVE it. You have a very lovely blog too! Keep up the great work on it!