*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 11, 2008

His & Her thank you cards!




This first card is for the hostess with the lovely sunporch. And her hubby made us a wonderful lunch, so he gets one too! (see Busy "girl" day! post) The Her card was for the SCS sketch challenge on Wed., the dp is K&co. The sentiment is gold embossed and though you can't really see it, there is an eyelet in the focal image. Pretty gold trimmed sheer ribbon knotted on top finishes this wild wasabi card. His card is on vanilla cs with navy and k&co dp layered. The stamp is from Impression Obsession. I always feel grateful when others go to all the trouble to make you feel comfortable while visiting!
Are you comfortable entertaining in your home? I like to think others are comfortable in my home. There's a wonderful book called: The Hidden Art of Homemaking, it's by Edith Schaeffer...wife of Christian philosopher Francis Schaeffer! After reading this book my outlook changed. It's not a "how to" or "do this..." book. Instead it helps change how you view everyday life. It's delightful and thought provoking, I highly recommend it! With short chapters and many journal-like illustrations its an easy read. Beauty is everywhere, just open your eyes! Enjoy this beautiful day!!!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Ah, rubber stamping. I have tons of stamps and ink, but no time to do it!!! :-(

I hope one day to be able to get back to it. They sit in their shadow boxes on the wall staring at me and begging me to be creative with them.

I am a writer and writing is my passion when I am not homeschooling or homemaking. If you go to my blog you'll see in my sidebar at the top the books I've written so far. I am a devotional writer.

Heather said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Riley said...

Love them both!! TFS!