*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 11, 2008

Happy Holidays! stain-glass style!



What a way to start the week! I needed a boost of creativity so I checked out SCS new technique challenge TLC181. It was the stained glass effect. We were to use acetate and coloring with ink & crystal effects. Cool, huh?

I decided to make a Christmas card with wild wasabi and cranberry re-inkers. I used blk stazon to stamp the snowpeople on the acetate. The semi-circle of people are aligned using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. The coloring is done on the opposite side of the acetate (or the inside; back of the image). The picture doesn't show it very clearly. The MS punched snowflake is actually attached to the white cs inside (where my message will go). Happy Holidays is stamped with white craft ink and a sheer ribbon is added. I used my CM cutting system to cut the circle in two layers of w. wasabi so I would have a backing for the inside of the card to hide where the acetate is attached. Hope all this makes sense.....just ask if you have questions, because if you're wondering someone else is probably wondering too!

Whoohoo, the new SU! catty came out today! We might have to take a day of school off so I can drool over all the new sets!!! {squishy hugs} to you all!

Blessings!

1 comment: