*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 5, 2008

Kumba Yah!


Doesn't Riley look like he's enjoying himself at the campfire! Oooo, yummy marshmallows blackened on the outside gooey on the inside.
It has been too hot and too light out to enjoy sitting around our backyard fire ring. I long for the cooler nights of fall!
This card was made for the Hanna Stamps August Release Party Sketch Challenge. That's a mouth full!!
I really like the look of kraft cs for the base. The brown panel is textured cs. I brayered mellow moss ink on a white piece of cs for the background of my pine tree. The tree is stamped in always artichoke with choc chip accents. Riley is colored with SU markers of cocoa and creamy caramel. Again, I smudged/shaded around Riley with pastels. That's my new favorite *technique*! The final touches: a piece of hemp tied around the bottom and two brown punched circles at the top. I was going to put brads in the circles, but liked it without. Less is more and all that jazz! Riley is so fun to work with, you can find a bunch of Rileys over at Hanna Stamps, check it out!
I've been taking advantage of some of the sales I've been mentioning on my blog and have been receiving some new "rubbah" lately! I just love when that UPS truck pulls in the lane!!! But I haven't had a chance to ink them up yet...need more hours in the day!!! Oh, have you checked out Craig's List yet.......I've purchased SU stamp sets cheap through local ads. www.craigslist.com , you simply find your state/city and who knows your unknown neighbor could be selling just what you want!! People are cleaning out for the money or to make room for the "new". Especially now, with the new SU catty coming out next week. How exciting! Be blessed!

1 comment:

Riley said...

Cute card!! TFS!