*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 28, 2008

Pamper yourself!

This is for all the ladies out there that take on the responsibilities of life for everyone else while pushing themselves aside! It's time to pamper yourselves alitte!!! You've heard it before...You can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself! So I give you permission to take a few minutes, walk outside, take a deep breath, look around at God's beautiful creation and think how blessed you are! (yes you are!) If you can take a little longer...fill your tub with bubbles, soak and sip your favorite beverage, forget the world for a while. And don't worry it will be there when your finished!!!!
When my kids were little and I felt overwhelmed (which seemed to be the norm), I would sit in my fav. chair with my bible and read and pray aloud but softly. At first the kids would talk to me and yell for me...but I just kept reading and praying. It didn't take long before they were telling each other to "shhh, Mom's praying". I remember one time, two of them sat on the floor quietly staring at me, waiting for me to be done so they could continue their argument. Talk about zoning out, but that was a good zone!!! And the kids learned a little respect at an early age! God is so good! That's how I survived four kids in seven years...now they're teens and pre-teen that are a joy! (Well, most of the time!)

This card did not photograph well! The tub is is pieced in vellum, sheer and shimmery; the sentiment seems to disappear on this photo, sorry!

I pray you're able to grap a few minutes today and pamper yourself!!! Blessings!

Love challenges? Checkout Dutch Dare, today's challenge, make a card for a girl! And the theme for Cute Card Thursday, *Water*!
I guess this card qualifies for both; a girl in water...!!!!

15 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Maria,

wauw your fast.
Great card, love the papers and that great stamp.

Thanks for participating in the Dutch Dare Challenge.

xoxo karin

mueppi said...

Wow.. Maria
your card is so great!!!!!
It`s a wonderful image and colouring!
Hugs gisela

Kim said...

Wow fab card. Kimx

Andrea, said...

Wonderful card, what a great idea. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Juliet said...

Lovely card and great ethos to take a few minutes for yourself!
Juliet xx

Moni said...

a wonderful card... great colours..

Sue said...

great card adn i love these rich colours:)

sue
xx

Dawn said...

Great card - gorgeous papers

RubyMay said...

Gorgeous card x

Rach said...

Beautiful card Maria,
lovely colours. well done. Hugs Rachxx

Jilli said...

Fab card, love your interpretation of the theme! Jillix

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Beautiful card, it fits in in both challenges very well. Good for you to combine them!! Love from Holland,
Jacqueline

Sandra said...

Great card..!!! thanks for joying in the Dutch dare!!

Bev said...

It's absolutely brilliant - I love the image and the gorgoeus DP's

hugs Bev x

Wendy said...

Great card, lovely colour
Wendy x