*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 7, 2008

Pink is the new brown!


I just noticed I never posted this one...

The SCS IC138 inspiration challenge was to 'be inspired by a website design'. Check out this site and you'll see my inspiration.


The card base is a textured brown, the DP is Martha Stewart and the butterflies are a MS punch. The brown panel is actually a piece of passion pink cs. I inked the baroque motif with versamark and stamped & clear embossed it, then brayered over it with close to cocoa until the brown appeared somewhat solid. Peace is from wonderful words 2 (SU!) The sheer ribbon has a shimmer to it, though hard to see here. I don't have a ticket corner punch so I just use a handheld circle punch and nip the corners!

I seem to be playing catch up lately! Our homeschool has started so I must get into routine again! Time can get away from us so fast, can't it? Who hasn't said, "I need more hours in the day."? But the Lord constantly reminds me (He always knows my thoughts!) that if He's truly first place in my life, all other things will come together in perfect harmony! Isn't He awesome? Oh, and He also reminds me~He's God and I am not! That takes a whole lot of responsibility off my shoulders! Thank you, Father! It's so easy to praise you LORD!!!!! Praying you enjoy a peaceful day!

PS. I'll have a new card later today!

1 comment:

tennesseejoy said...

This is sooooooo beautiful! Terrific sketch and colors- great job, great blog.