*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 12, 2008

Autumn Tree

Isn't this Autumn tree lovely? This is my favorite season!! I'll be posting pictures later of the fantastic view from our deck of the beautiful magical color-changing trees!

The image is done in pumpkin pie and really rust, the blend turned out perfect (irl)!! The swirl is die cut and the leaves are punched from a Creative Memories ret. punch. I wanted the leaves to have a little more dimension so I found a Cuttlebug folder with some *leaf-like* veins. Sorry I'm not a better photographer!

So ultimately my inspiration for this card were the beautiful trees I'm seeing right now. But it also happened to fit a few challenges going on right now too!
The sketch: Sketch Saturday challenge blog.
The theme: SBS 18 challenge blog and since I used my trusty Cuttlebug, this will be my second card for the Cuttlebug challenge to make a fall card!




I hope everyone has a chance to enjoy this blessed Sunday!

17 comments:

Shirley said...

A truly beautiful Autumn card!. I love the image, scroll and the leaves too!

Sue said...

such a beautiful card...love it:)

sue
xx

southernbellescrapper said...

Oooh, this is beautiful! And I love how creative you got with that eb folder using it on the leaves like that! You go girl!

Karen said...

What a great idea to emboss the leaves by picking out one part of the envelope!
Beautiful card!

Riley said...

Maria this is a lovley card, love
the tree and how you did the leafs
and the sworls!!!
Hugs Riley!

Bev said...

Breathtaking! Love the image, the colours, the scroll, the leaves. Fantastic card Maria
hugs Bev x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Maria, I love the autumnal colours and What a brilliant idea to emboss the leaves. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday. Debbie x

Ann said...

What a gorgeous card and what a clever idea to use a small part of a cuttlebug folder in that way. Thank you for the photos of how you did it - I would not have realised if you had not shown them and it is such a useful method. I will be using that in the future.
Ann xxx

Vicki said...

What a beautiful card friend!! I love your idea with the leaves!! Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Jenny said...

great card, love the way you made the leaves! thanks for joining our challenge

Elena said...

Very beautiful card! Love the tree! It is gorgeous! Your idea with a CB and a leaf is brilliant! Thank you for sharing!
I love fall also! The colors are so rich and it's amazing how they change from day to day!

Eveline said...

Beautiful card.
Eveline.

Allison said...

lovely card, thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
Allisonx

Phree said...

Beautiful autumn card, very classy.

acreativeneed said...

Wonderful Autumn card! What a great idea to emboss the leaves that way! So glad you joined in the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena
sbs18

Helena said...

I really love this card. The tree image, the light touch, the colours. I love this season too, maybe because I Was born in it :)

Maggie said...

thank you so much for playing great idea, I also have that stamps.
TFI
Maggie