*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 30, 2008

Charlie Horse



Well, the garden is no more...nothing left to process, blanche, pickle, can or freeze! I just did a load of turnips but they were from someone else's garden! {waving to Deb & Paul} It feels good to stock up for the winter. Last winter, every bad storm we had the electricity seemed to go out. No problem, we have our trusty wood/coal stoves, so we are nice and cozy. We cook on top of the coal stove too. One weekend the electric had been off all night and into the next morning. My wonderfully talented DH cooked a huge breakfast...eggs, pancakes, bacon, toast and potatoes on the woodstove...even invited the neighbors over. It was so good!
To the card....
I was inspired by many! The sketch is from Papertake Weekly blog. Ooh La La challenged us to use patchwork and CCEE challenged us to use chipboard and well, how do I say this tactfully....a butt! That's what made me think of this cute Charlie Horse. The *wooden fence board* and flower are chipboard. I chose not to color Charlie because I thought with all the patterns it was busy enough. I don't know now maybe I'll watercolor him later!
Blessings!

8 comments:

StampOwl said...

hehe that is so cute ... thanks for playing our challenge

Wendi said...

What a lovely card I love the edge doodles and the horse is very cute fabulous creation
Thank you for joining in Ooh la la challenge this week
Wendi x

Elena said...

This card is adorable! Little guy looks awesome even without coloring!
And your breakfast made me feel so hungry! Sounded so good!

Shirley said...

A very cute card! Love how it ends! Hee Hee

steph said...

Lovely card! Great patchwork effect! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Dawny P said...

I just love your take on the sketch - a fabulous card and a great horsey image (hee hee, love it). Love the patchwork as well xxxxx

Mona said...

Love how you used the sketch and the patchwork!

Carolyn King said...

This is adorable! Great job on the challenge--and thanks so much for playing along!