*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 10, 2008

Fluffles get down!



Oh, my, Fluffles surely has gotten himself into a predicament! This would be me! I really don't enjoy decorating the Christmas tree!! If we put up a big tree, we usually invite friends. One year we had a 20' tree. We decided to have an open house and everyone brought a handmade ornament. I cooked a ham on the woodstove and served finger foods. My DH set up two huge ladders on either side of the tree and set out the boxes of decorations. We had a Santa tree topper, but the tree was so high that you couldn't see what it was. We ended up leaning the tree over to our loft area and I simply tied on a red bow! That turned out to be one of our best Christmas memories!


Anyhoo, onto the card!

The stamp is, of course, Stampendous~Fluffles/Tree. I used my cropadile to punch out circles for the ornaments and watercolored Fluffles. The cs is riding hood red (SU) and the Christmas paper is DCWV. The pine limb punch is a McGill from a local craft store (ACMoore).

My inspiration: Beate's sketch WSC #61 and Dutch Dare's Christmas card challenge. OCC's challenge was to use bling.

Sorry for the spotty posting this week. It's so bothersome when life gets in the way of stamping!

But it's a good life so I'll be quiet now! Thanks for stopping by, I pray peace, healing and prosperity over all who read this blog. Have a blessed day/night!

9 comments:

Elena said...

Love this cute and furry little cat! The idea with ornaments is so clever! I also like how you added a branch in to the corner!
Wow! 20' tree! I think I would feel like this cat too! But I love your story about inviting your friends, handmade ornaments, cooked ham... Sounds like a real Christmas!!! Thank you, Maria, for sharing this very interesting story!

Beate said...

Maria, that is soo adorable!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Muriel said...

This cat is too cute! Love your card!

Karin said...

Hi Maria,

what a great card.
i love the bright christmascolours and that stamp is so cute.
Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare Challenge.

xoxo karin

PS: thank you for the beautifull birthday card you did send me. I love it!!!

Beautiful Grace said...

You have the gift of hospitality!!!

Dawn said...

OOOh! Maria
This is so cute and you have just reminded me that I've got that stamp - How could I have forgotten - off to dig it out now!!

Hugs
Dawn

Shirley said...

What a cute card! I'm allergic to cats and I love it!

Kathryn said...

Too CUTE -- Love Fluffles -- he's adorable! :)

Dana Rose said...

I love Fluffles! The card is adorable!

Happy stamping,

Dana