*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 20, 2008

Holiday flap card


Another folded project...

I'm gonna need a Scor-pal soon. "What?", you say! "If you don't have a Scor-pal, Maria, how are you making all these perfectly scored lines?" Well, I simply use my trusty SU stylus and my Creative Memories straight cutter. I measure my paper on the grid, secure the guard, then gently drag my stylus along the indentation. tah dah, a scored line. {insert gasps of delight!} On to the card...

Allison's Suggestive Sunday challenge was to make a flap card, there's a lovely little tutorial she linked on her blog. Easy peasy to make, it's basicly a strip of paper 3 1/2 x 10 3/8 in, scored at 4 1/4 and 8 1/2 in! The paper for this card was pre glittered and I added some sparkles to the flake {use imagination here}.

If anyone knows how to capture sparkles in photos please let me know. I would really enjoy sharing my glitter addiction with you! Just goes to show ya, depending who's eyes you're looking through, things are not always what they seem. I'm sure when God looks at us, we're all sparkly and shiny IRL (in real life) just like Him!

So there you go, I hope you try one of these cards and let me know if you do!!This card would be an easy way to give a gift card too! Oooo, maybe I'm lookin' at another stocking stuffer!



Blessings!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Hi Maria! You used the DCWV DP...thanks for another idea for this stuff (that never seems to go away!)...I like it with all the snowflakes on the inside...how fun! BTW, you may be able to get more of the glitter to show in your photos if you "Sharpen" them in a photo editor first (if you need a free one, try Picasa's from Google).

Heather Lee-Reppen said...

Absolutely beautiful project!

Rose Ann said...

I LOVE your snowflake flap card!! Sooo very pretty!!

Elena said...

Very pretty flap card! Love how it looks when you open it! I can see the sparkles on the paper you added! The snowflake stamp is beautiful!

Shirley said...

What beautiful card! I love what you did with the glitter too. The inside is so creative.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable, the colors are great, so cheery - really beautiful

God Bless, Fran