*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 7, 2008

I'm glad there's you!

Another Christmas card done! We actually had frost on the pumpkins this morning! Brrr, this is wonderful weather. You can see how blue the sky is on my card pix.
Another adorably cute House Mouse image! I watercolored the image and added just a bit of sparkle to the holly. The silver brads are layered on red circles. The metal tag says, "I'm glad there's you!" Whenever I use people or critters, I always wonder what they might be thinking, so I can choose a sentiment. (Yeah, I know) Oh, and I used a white gel pen to color the whites of their eyes~it gives them a little depth.
My inspiration:
Laura's sketch #10 from 2Sketches 4You. And Cute Card Thursday's theme christmas animals.

The last three days were a little busy so I need to catch up on some challenges. What fun! Blessings for a crisp fall day or spring day if you're reading this upside down!

16 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Awwww this is darling! I love that stamp:)
Laura

Eve said...

Beautiful card! I wish your DH could make me a scrapbook room! However with 3 kids and a 1,157 square foot house- well you get it!
You both do beautiful work!
Kindly,
~Eve

~dawne said...

Beautiful card. Love the stamped image. Wish I could color stamped images like this...gorgeous!!

Leah said...

Super cute! Love the House Mouse stamps...I need to get some:)

moralia said...

This is the sweetest card!! I absolutely love House Mouse!! thanks for playing along with 2S4Y!

Anita said...

I love the stamp and your coloring is fabulous, great job.

Elena said...

Maria, what a precious card you made! IThis mice are so sweet! You did a wonderful coloring!
The weather is getting cold there too. Hot chocolate and blanket are my best friends now! Love the piece of the sky on the picture!

Joke said...

Oh, those mice are so cute.
Very lovely card.

Jilli said...

This is absolutely adorable! Jilli

Kathryn said...

So Sweet -- love those mice - -so adorable! :)

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and image. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Shirley said...

How sweet, with the mistletoe!

Rica said...

This card is absolutely delightful.
I love the LO, the colours, it's beautifully balanced - just gorgeous.
Hugs Heather xx

carrie said...

Cute, cute, cute!
Carrie

Mam Goudig said...

This card is absolutely beautiful
Color and image so pretty
Bye LAURENCE

Sonia Kertznus said...

Love how you interpreted this sketch... Lovely stamp.
Sonia