*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 24, 2008

A Song Bird



I made this card for our piano teacher who has had some health problems and has been unable to teach. We miss seeing her every week.

The tangerine is Cuttlebug embossed with the music folder, and bird was borrowed from a neighbor, isn't it beautiful with that wing extended?

Ballet blue pastels were used though hard to see in this pix.

I had already choosen the colors when I saw the color challenge at Arty Girlz blog...cool! And Stamp Something's challenge was "Something for the Birds"!

It's time to put out the bird feeders for all those beautiful wintertime birds. My 10 yr old loves to watch the birds, he runs for the Audubon field guides to identify the ones he doesn't recognize. Then we all learn about them because he never stops talking...ever! I've looked for his off switch for over 10 years now and haven't been able to find it! Actually, he is such a blessing to our family with his joy and enthusiastic personality~couldn't imagine life without him~it would be way too quiet!

Blessings to all who read here!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Maria your card is beautiful!!!

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xx

Erin... said...

What a lovely card! I;m sure she'll love it!! Thanks for paying along!

Elena said...

Maria, this card is so beautiful! Really sorry to hear that your music teacher doesn't feel so good. Hope she will feel better... I think she will be very touched by this card!
When I was reading your story about your son, I remembered that my husband also tells very often:"Oh, they forgot to put of switch button at the store where we bought him!" Of course, he is joking. But when we were travelling to Russia this year, My husband stayed at home and one day when he called us, he said:" You know, I miss our non-stop talking boy!"
I agree with you Maria, our kids are your joy!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card! Love how you cut out the wings on the bird, it really stands out. Thanks for playing along with our challenge. :)

Anonymous said...

This card is so beautiful, would give anyone a lift - the upward wings bring such peace, great going.

God Bless, Fran

crissi said...

oh what a beautiful card love the embossed background and the bird is just beautiful. my son whos 12 is the same as yours maria always a source of non stop information and no stop chatter i wouldnt have him any other way.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Shirley said...

What a really pretty and patriotic card too!