*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




November 3, 2008

A Blue Christmas?



A Christmas card in unconventional colors, not quite navy & lavendar lace with a touch of silver! I really like this SU retired stamp from holiday wishes. It was my very first purchase from SU! You know what we all think...oh, I'll go to my friend's party and just buy something to make a few Christmas cards...I don't stamp! Isn't that funny? Now, almost two years later, I'm addicted! But in a good way!!
The sketch for this card is Tanja's from Just Christmas & Birthday Cards challenge blog. And the "unconventional color" challenge? No other than Allison Fillo from Stampin' When I Can! Her Suggestive Sunday challenges are always fun and stretch our creativity! Checkout her blog, it is a wealth of inspiration and resources!!
So, no excuses, go make a Christmas card now so you're not running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to finish a week before Christmas!!!
******did you ever see a chicken running around headless???? It's true but gross and probably quite traumatizing if you're a small child!!!*********
Hoping you have a lovely day! Blessings!!!
Oh, looks like I'll reach 10,000 hits before I hit 300 posts! I will get together some fun candy for the 10,000 celebration and remember I'll have a separate drawing for something fun for all my lovely subscribers once I publish my 300th post!!!

13 comments:

Angelo said...

I love your unconventional colours on your fabolous christmascard!!! You have done a great job with this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along with us this week!!

Kristin :)

Allison said...

What a fun card...and yes, the DP you chose is certainly not Christmas-y but it works like a charm! Thanks for playing again!

Ninchen said...

wow i love your card and the unconventional colours!

thanks for joining us this week!

xoxo Janina

SmilynStef said...

What a fabulous tree ... love those colors.

Elena said...

I think I am addicted to stamps too! Love this card! Beautiful stamp! Very pretty layout!
I didn't see chickens without their heads running around... But it is probably very scary...

Karin said...

Great uncoventional x-mas card.
And wauw, what a great image.
Thanks for joining the x-mas and b-day cards challenge.

xoxo Karin

Gry-Heidi said...

I love your card, Maria ! Image and colours are both great :)
Thanks for joining us at this weeks x-mas and b-day cards challenge.

Hugs, Gry-Heidi

Tanja said...

Maria, this is fabulous!

Thanks so much for joining is this week.

Hugs Tanja (JCBC Team)

Shirley said...

How very lovely, Maria! I really like your design for the card too!

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card, I love navy blue for xmas cards. Yours is just lovely, I love your stamp too :)

thanks for playing with us this week @ JCBC

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Terria said...

I really like that stamp , awesome card!!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

This is such a lovely card Maria, great use of this weeks sketch. Thank you for joining our challenge this week. HUGS Linda x

Mada said...

What a special and elegant card! WOW!

Love everything you used on your card, it all matches to perfection.

Thank you for playing along this week at JCBC challenge. :)

Hugs,
Mada