*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




November 20, 2008

Purple Flowers

Taking a little break from autumn & Christmas cards!
I rec'd a call today from an old friend! OMGosh, I was totally surprised. We were inseparable in highschool. But we took different paths prior to graduation. Saw each other over the years but still following those paths. She called today to tell me a wonderful thing that happened in her life and we were able to rejoice together even after all these years! So I needed to make a card of beauty, of transformation!
After checking out ABC's challenge this week, which is R for Ribbon, I challenged myself to use this striped ribbon I've had forever. While my brain was still thinking, I rec'd my surprise phone call. Well, everything fell into place and this *hug* will be put in the mail!!
I'm really enjoying these long cards, just a phase I'm going through, right? The blue butterfly has a purple "silhouette" beneath it! Can you see the glitter?
Checkout these other challenges:
Karen over @ Lilacs & Lupines RAK challenge is to use butterflies on a random act of kindness card. And A Spoonful of Sugar's challenge was Blooming Marvelous~using flowers/floral paper.
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to enter my blog candy, checkout my sidebar right at the top!
Blessings!

4 comments:

Christyne (aka Apple Blossom) said...

This is a beautiful card and I am sure your friend will LOVE her hug.

Elena said...

This card is so gentle, so thoughtful, so warm!
Glad you had a good conversation with your friend!

Wendy said...

Very nice
Wendy x

stampingheaven said...

Gorgeous card Maria. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge.