*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




December 20, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!


Here' s my first attempt at a Christmas tree box!
They're really simple and you could decorate them in various ways....however, I have a household of boys....so stars are the best I could do knowing they'll be ripped apart to get to the yummies inside!
I used Beate Johns' Triangle Box tutorial on SCS. Instead of using a 5" x 10" piece of cardstock, I used a 4 1/2" x 11" piece. Some of the stars were put through the CB with the textile folder for added interest! I'll probably punch holes in the top for ribbon and hang on the tree Christmas morning!
The lovely gals @ Crafty Creations have a challenge theme gifted; tags, wrapping paper, boxes, etc. which is perfect for this week. Is anyone else out there running around crazy?? Only 5 more sleep 'til Christmas! Blessings!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

These boxes look fab - I've got the instructions for making these, but never got round to having a go! A bit late now - but maybe nest year!

Happy Christmas

Elena said...

I am sure your kids will love this boxes! And I think that they will be so happy to get the inside too!

Allison said...

These are great...nice job on modifying Beate's tutorial this way!

Donna said...

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas Maria to you and your family and all the best for 2009 :) Donna x

bolha said...

Lovely tree boxes. Merry Christmas to you all.
x Natasha x

Jaime said...

Those are too cute I will have to file in my brain for next year. Thanks for taking part in Craftycreations last challenge before christmas. Jaime

Shirley said...

Thank you for sharing Maria~ It's really fun to see how others do the celebration.