*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




December 15, 2008

Whimsy Christmas Owl!




Here's another Whimsy Stamps image! I wanted this owl because of his wonderful curly tuffs...and then I covered them with a santa hat! duh! But it was necessary this time...'tis the season! I wanted to cut him out and pop the image but those beloved tuffs would be a bit difficult so I perched him in front of the "full moon"! A subtle pastel full-moon! The bow is 3D from a template I bought when we were in AZ this past spring. {waving~hi Susan, yes, I know the weather is beautiful there and we're freezing with two woodstoves burning!!!} I glittered the whites of his hat and used crystal effects on his eyes! Wednesday Stamper/Mittwochstempler's challenge was to use a bow! Their site is filled with inspiration!
Blessings for a wonderful week ahead!

12 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is totally adorable!! You've done a fantastic job with creation!! :) Love that hat on the owl!! TOO CUTE!! TFS!

Willy said...

Lovely and beautiful card, Maria!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

It's me again Maria! Just wanted to give you something that I have on my blog if you want to check it out. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season friend!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Wonderful colors and design on your card! Your bow looks fab too, so it's paper!

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh this is so lovely.
Fantastic card Maria.

Elena said...

This card is adorable!!! I love the Santa hat on owl! And bow is so cute! Very pretty layout!

Carolyn King said...

how cute! Great job with that image!

Rina said...

Aloha Maria,

First of all, thank you for stopping by and blessing me with your sweet comment. I've noticed, you're homeschoolers too. How great is that!!! I love, love, love being able to educate our own children. Although there are some challenging times, I feel soooooo blesed. There is nothing, nor any privilege greater.

I love Mr. Owl. He is so adorable! I also love that beautiful bow. TFS!

Aloha and have a beautiful day in Jesus!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Oh Maria! He's darling! I love the santa hat and the great coloring. Fun papers and bow too. Enjoy your stamps! :)

Andrea, said...

Oh he is wonderful, what a great card

Anonymous said...

Couldn't be any cuter, definitely a winner.


God Bless - Fran

Shirley said...

How adorable he is! I love him and the whole design~!