*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 19, 2009

Birthday Dreams!



Here's another House Mouse image, I just really enjoy them! The ladies @Dutch Dare gave us these colors; green, blue and brown, for this week challenge and Mercy had this wonderful sketch on Lord Have Mercy! The dream cloud is sitting on three layers for dimension and I used my Koh-l-noor pencils for coloring! (thanks Elena!) (See Debbie, I'm a pencil girl!) Since this is a masculine card, I tied the tiniest of bows and limited my embellies to just three little dots at the bottom righthand corner. However, I'm breaking the rule, "No Glitter for Men," I looked at my DH birthday cards recently (store bought) and they have glitter, so I ever so slightly shaded the cake with dazzling diamonds, after all a birthday is a celebration and celebrations call for sparkle! Hmpt! I hope you had a lovely weekend, our deep freeze is over and we're back to winter temps in the 20's! Have a Sparkly day! Blessings!

14 comments:

sylvia said...

what a great card so lovely
hihi I am falling in love with this cutie
hugs sylvia

Courtney said...

in the 20's? Holy cow! It was 65 yesterday and I still wore my jean jacket!

Love the card. And who has a birthday cake that doesn't sparkle? It's a must-have!!

StampinCathy said...

This is such a sweet card. I just love the image.

~Christina~ said...

Hee hee....I dream of cake too sometimes! LOL...what a sweet card!

Marcea said...

I totally agree about the sparkle ... I think EVERY card needs at least a little, lol. I am completely in love with your last 2 cards .... simply beautiful
-x-

Mercy said...

maria...this is cute, cute, cute! what a precious little bear! love the dp, and your coloring is wonderful!

thanks so much for playing with my sketch last week, and i hope to see you again this week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Karin said...

what a dorable card Maria.
I love the cute image and the big dots on the papers.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo karin

Elina said...

Oh, what a picture. :D Very cute, nice card!

Elena said...

What a fun card! Wonderful work on this sketch!!! Love the sparkles!!!

Karen said...

Hey Maria: Thanks for your warm email! I was doing what this bear is doing...takin' a break! Check out my blog, I have a couple of things for you over there!
Cheers,
Karen

Shirley said...

What a cute stamp and card! Love the colors, etc. Adorable and fun too!

Heather said...

Oh my, this is totally adorable too! You have been a busy girl. Great card!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Just as cute as can be!! You're so good at doing these challenges!! I need to get with you in the mornings to see what your plans are for the day!! ;)

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh very sweet!