*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 12, 2009

A Classic!



Here's a clean cut card! This could stand in for a birthday, get well or encouragement. As part of my new year "thinking", I am stockpiling all occasion cards. 2009~be prepared, after all we cardmakers do have a life and we can't be stamping all the time! (you're supposed to jump in here with a, "Yes, we can! or is that from Bob the Builder??) How are you doing with your new year resolutions...still at it? Our house is clean, my laundry is not overflowing, there are only a few dirty dishes in the sink and our homeschool is over halfway finished for this school season...I'm happy! So I made this card using Nikki's sketch from A Spoonful of Sugar.

I used SU! Eastern Blooms, it seemed that I couldn't live without it when it first came out and now I had to dig it out. So my next few cards will probably use the same set. And I just rec'd my H&M stamps in the mail today from their garage sale I told you about the other day. yeah! Gotta love a bargain! Well, I have a turkey breast cooking on top of the woodstove and it's smelling really good, off to feed the gang! Thanks for stopping by today and thanks for all your lovely comments...they really brighten these dreary winter days (without snow!!!!!!) Blessings to each and every one of you!

9 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your card is beautiful Maria and love the gorgeous image.. so pretty, Hugs, Nikki x

Elena said...

I am glad your year started wonderfully Maria! Your card is gorgeous Maria!

Heidi said...

Maria- this is adorable!

Susan said...

I love the card, reminded me of China has an Asian feel, Great job!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is beautiful, love the clean lines and that pretty stamp. :)

Susan said...

I like the simplicity of the layout but the textured paper adds extra interest.

Chrissy D said...

This is sooo pretty too! Great colors and love the textured bg!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Maria, this is so beautiful!! Love the colors on this one!! :) TFS!!

Shirley said...

Love the colors and how you stamped your image. Also the curve at the bottom is really pretty too!