*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 29, 2009

Father's Day Pheasant




Friday Sketcher had a wonderful sketch this week by Beatrix! Brown & blue are some of my fav colors to work with! This pheasant stamp & sentiment are from an old SU! set (Pheasant Thoughts, 2000) I found online for three dollars. The seller was local so I had a chance to look through her stash and pick up some other lovely sets!

I thought since I'm so on top on things with my Christmas cards (haha) that I would start on the other holidays too!

We have a fun day planned today! A homeschool art class! Our lovely neighbor is teaching us how to make some really cool stuff with polymer clay, we have our pasta machine and tools ready to go. We've worked with it before but only to make little animals and kiddie things. I'm hoping to make some things I can add to my cards and such. (yea, I'm learning too!) So, we will be trudging through the snow for art today! Homeschooling is so cool! Hope you all have a fun day today too! Blessings!

5 comments:

Lorraine A said...

beautiful card Maria, just lovely :-) love the way you offset the oval and tore the edges of the paper, lovely !
Lorraine

Donna said...

Fantastic card Maria, I love that little stamp, what a bargain. Sounds like there is going to be a lot of fun at your house today, have you ever visited Maddy's blog? she makes some amazing things with clay and some wonderful cards, oh and she has a little friend called Calvin lol, if you haven't visited her you really should pop over. I hope you and the children have a great time crafting. Donna x
www.madimaginations.blogspot.com

Elena said...

Fabulous card, Maria! I love the vintage feel!
How wonderful to have an art class!!! Hope everything will go as you planned!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is so gorgeous Maria!! Love the masculine creations!! I'm always looking for them!! :)

Shirley said...

How warm and pretty! I reallyu like your out of the box with the tail feathers too!