*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 21, 2009

Fishy, fishy in the...



...freezer!

Ok, I should warn you right here, I was in a silly mood when creating this card! We were abundantly blessed with fish for our freezer. I'm a huge seafood lover and wanted to send a thank you card! I think I started out serious, then I started thinking of funny fish scenes and the silliness took over. It didn't help that my wonderful offspring were cracking silly fish jokes. So I could say this was a family project, not my best creation but awfully fun! And I know it will be received with the same attitude!

I used the Lili of the Valley sketch for placement inspiration and the gals over @ CCEE gave us a theme of fish/fishlips for their featured stamper, checkout the site for all the details on that one!

Today, my 15 yo DS who helps with my cards sometimes, turns 16! I still can't believe I have 3 teenagers (17,16,& 13) in my home with my youngest becoming a pre-teen in a few months! How did this happen??? Blessed, I guess! Hope your day is a lovely one full of fun! Blessings!

If you've made a card for someone this week, RAK, checkout Karen's challenge over @ Lilac & Lupines!

12 comments:

Mothermark said...

OMG! How precious is this! I love the bubbly background and what a wonderful idea to use that MS punch for seaweed! Your card rocks! So glad you had time to join our silly challenge! Your fish lips are wonderful!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Such a cute creation!! Love your underwater scene here!! Very creative!! Thanks for sharing!! I've had fun catching up with you!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so clevr, to use the fern like that. I love you card and thanks so much for playing with us CCEE gals.

Linniepink said...

your card is sooo clever it made me smile thankyou for sharing
linniex

Courtney said...

Oh, this is just adorable! Just adorable. I know the recipient of this cutie will just love it!

StampOwl said...

oh this is wonderful ... thanks for playing our challenge

Daisychain said...

I just love this fun card, great seaweed. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week.

Hugs Christine x

Karen said...

Wow....what a great idea for the MS punch! I would have never thought of it! Thanks for the plug too! Love it!

Elena said...

Happy Birthday to your son, Maria! I love seafood too!
Your card is so pretty! I love the layout you created for the card!

bolha said...

Great projects. Love those fish.
x Natasha x

Susan said...

Well I can only imagine the "fish" jokes and stories this card brought about in your home! I love it!Give my Neph a hug and happy birthday wishes! Love to all

Shirley said...

Well, Maria, it's a darling card and the receiver is going to smile and love it! Those sea plants are wonderful too!