*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 30, 2009

...from the Heart!





...from the heart!


This card has alot going on...embossing, sanding, sponging, piercing, swirls, scallops and a heart shaped brad for good measure! Created by Hand's challenge was to use red/pink colors, then I saw Courtney's color challenge on Created by Courtney which was a little more specfic; real red, pink passion & choc chip. Ooo, goody, that's easy, I'll just combine those challenges! Well, this one boggled my brain...pink passion is really bright, no wonder I still have a whole pack of it in my cs pile! But we must press on, mustn't we! So here it is, tah dah! The Cuttlebug challenge was to distress your embossing. The Cuttlebug Spot challenge was to create a card for someone special. Aww! I really liked the look of the embossing after sanding, I will do that again. It easily took the color from sponging also! So I'm pretty happy with this one, just don't look in my trash bin! Have a lovely weekend! Blessings!

20 comments:

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Love everything about it!

Allison said...

love it Maria, thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisoNX

Curt in Carmel said...

What a gorgeous card! You did an awesome job with the challenges! Great work! Best, Curt

Yogi said...

Very nice. I love the way you put the border on the right hand side and the flourish curls.

Jean said...

Ooooh I think it is very pretty Maria!!! Love the swirls and the little punched border.

dannisdoodles said...

such a pretty card, love the swirls!

thanks for the inspiration over @ www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
this week!

Mrs J said...

Beautiful Maria! Love the colours and the embossing, and all distressed beautifully! I'm glad that you enjoyed using that technique!
Thanks for taking part this week at
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
Hugs Mrs Jx

Bev said...

Fabulous card Maria, love all the texture going on

hugs Bev x

Elena said...

Love this card, Maria! Embossing and distressing look good together!

Shirley said...

How creative! The whole card is lovely. Thanks for listing all of what you did too!

Courtney said...

Oh my word! That's a lot of work in that card, but you nailed it! This is fabulous!!!

Courtney said...

This is wonderful!!!

Meda said...

So cute! I love the flowers.
Thank you for playing with us at Cuttlebug Challenge Blog

Carmen said...

Great card, love it!

Femmy said...

beautiful!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

THis is so beautiful too!! Love the flourish designs!!

Alison said...

Beautiful Maria, this is my favourite folder. Love what you have done. Thanks for joining in the Cuttlebug Challenge.

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty...I love the swirls coming from the frame accent! Great job with the distressing challenge!

~Lea

Rleen said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colors and the swirl.

Maggie said...

beautiful you use one of my fav folders..
Maggie
You will be featured on http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
on 2/5/o9