*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 13, 2009

My 2nd Christmas Card Done!



Ok, Christmas card #2 finished, tah dah! Oo baby, I'm on my way...to Christmas 2009! Tanja has an awesome sketch over at Just Christmas & Birthday Cards challenge blog. When I saw it I had a "eck the halls"vision. The red "berries" are the top part of a large brad, like the kids would use for craft projects. I pushed them into my Versamark pad and dipped them in red EP. My hubby worked the heat gun so I wouldn't burn my little fingers...he is so fabulous, thanks honey! I attached the brad caps with foam dots, it was a perfect fit!

We apparently are still celebrating Christmas in our house, our one tree is still standing! No one wants to take it down. Maybe I'll just push it out of the way a little and leave it up...then I'll really be ahead for next Christmas! hehe Hope you had a lovely day! Blessings!

Another ultra cool blog challenge: Lili of the Valley! check it out!!

19 comments:

Courtney said...

My tree is still up, too! It's really starting to get on my nerves! LOL!

Love your card. The berry brads are the perfect touch!

Daisychain said...

Great card Maria, you are certainly getting ahead. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week.

Hugs Christine x

P.S. Don't worry about the tree, we kept ours up for a year once and had xmas again in June, it proved quite a talking point!

Heather said...

This is GORGEOUS! I will be casing this for sure! Beautiful card!

Allison said...

my , you are certainly getting organised for 2009, lovely card
AllisonX

Femmy said...

what a beautiful christmas card!! love it!!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Maria this is such a fabulous card hunny, i adore your take on the sketch, thank you for joining us in this weeks challenge. Hugs Linda x

Rina said...

Very pretty card Maira. Don't feel so bad, it's still Christmas in our home too (decoration wise).

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining LOTV challenge with such a lovely card
Hugs Jacqui x

Angelo said...

Wow, such a beautiful x-mas card!!! Love it completely!! Thanks for still playing with us over JCBC. Keep up the good work with your cards (it'll be worth it by the end of the year!!)

Hugs, Kristin :)

Rica said...

Beautiful card Maria. You really are showing me up - I promised myself I would make 1 card per week this year - it hasn't happened YET!! I can't seem to get in the right frame of mind.
hugs Heather xx

Chrissy D said...

Hey! You did it!!! WOOHOO!!! Doesn't take long, we just have to create the card, right? :) This one is a beauty and will be sure to bless the recipient too! TFS!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! This is so beautiful!! Love what you did with the MS punch!! AWESOME!!

Elena said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the leaves border and the red brads you created!

Karin said...

Hi Maria,

what a adorable card.
I love the papers, image and great borders.
thanks for joining the JCBC this week.

xoxo karin

Tanja said...

Wonderful Card! I love your take on my sketch!

Thanks for joining us this week!

Hugs Tanja
(JCBC Team)

Nixe07 said...

What a wonderful christmas card.
Hugs
Moni

Donna said...

Well done for starting your Christmas cards already Maria, this card is beautiful :) Donna x

Ninchen said...

great card!

thanks for joining us this week!

xoxo janina

Shirley said...

How lovely and how creative! I really like your pine boughs and the berries. Very creative with the berries. I have to remember that too. A really lovely card...and your are 2 ahead of me! LOL