*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 5, 2009

Every Town Needs A Hero



Ok, it's been quite dreary here, so I'm utilizing the scanner which does not pick up all the little details! So let me just say there's embossing on the yellow cs...distressed stripes. The sketch is from Card Positioning Systems (CPS #98).

I had such cool thoughts on this card! First, our hero is such an adorable Sweet N Sassy image. So my thought was, walk with me here, to make the base card simulate the super heros wardrobe. Blue tights, a little red and a utility belt...can you see it? The focal image was to be like the belt buckle!...now can you see it??? Well, my brain doesn't always connect with my hands...but it still turned out pretty cute! The sentiment is CG and I think it's from Veggies Tales/Larry Boy fame. "Every Town Needs A Hero... You Are That Hero!" This is a thank you to a friend who in the last month has been a big help. He shows up in the nick of time, pulls things from his "utility belt" like starter fluid and has just been "there" when we needed someone! The sentiment is, of course, meant to be funny. We know our help comes from the Lord and he uses everyday heros to manifest his love and attention to us all. The recipient of this card would totally agree. Thanks MM!...it's easy to see Jesus in you! I pray you all have a "hero" in your life...at just the right moment! May the Lord's peace & love be all over you! Blessings!

8 comments:

Shirley said...

What a really sweet and thoughtful card for someone special! I love the whole design!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So cute indeed!! Great take on the sketch!! TFS!! :)

Rina said...

Ohhhhhhhhh...I have a special hero but he doesn't wear a tool belt, he carries a camera (lol).

What a sweet card and friendship. Thanks for sharing. God Bless~

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is a GREAT card I love that it is for a boy it is kinda hard to make cards for little boys and not make them to flowery. GREAT JOB!!

Perky Nihilist said...

Love this. Boy/male cards are so rare these days. As a mom of three boys I'm super-excited to see your card. Great inspiration.

Elena said...

Maria! I love your idea with the sketch following the buckle shape!!! It is great!!! Very-very creative!
I hope that you will like coloring with Koh-i-noor pencils! You can't imagine how long it took me too learn, and I am still not perfect!

Sandy said...

Great Job on the card! I love it.

Lea L. said...

Ca-uteness! Thanks for playing at CPS this past week!

~Lea