*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 30, 2009

Peace onto you


And now for something totally different!
How's this for a Christmas card...not quite the traditional colors, huh?
Mada gave us a really wonderful sketch over @ Just Christmas & Birthday Cards. And I knew I wanted to use my SU! Peace onto You stamps. Well, the lion and the lamb fit nicely in a circle but they certainly didn't coordinate with any Christmasy green and red color scheme. Then I saw Ooh-La-La's black and gold challenge! So I decided to go for it! In the past, I have stamped this outline image in many colors to match the card, but I like it best when the lion has color. A great masculine Christmas card, don't ya think?
Blessings!

15 comments:

Paula said...

WOW this is stunning Maria love the colour's. Your question on how i managed to match up my flower with my pink heart well it was just pure luck lol that i had the same colour flower in m stash.
Paula xxxx

Angelo said...

Your card is stunning, Maria! The lion and the lamb is great! I like that you chose the text Peace instead of any other christmassy-text. Great job with the sketch!

Thanks for joining the JCBC this week!

Kristin :)

Elena said...

This card is gorgeous, Maria! I love the stamp you used! And the paper you picked is perfect!!!

Rica said...

Oh Maria - this is beautiful - I love the layout and the colours and that image is adorable. Brilliant creation!!
hugs Heather xx

Bev said...

It's a beautiful card Maria, so different - love the image.

hugs Bev x

Wendi said...

Maria thats one fabulous card so different but beautiful and the greeting is just perfect, thank you so much for joining us at Ooh la la this week and for the lovely comments left
Wendi & Emma x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is just as sweet as can be!! Fab creation!! I want to stop and thank you for all the lovely things you say!! You're so appreciated!! :)

Sammi said...

Oooh.. I love it!!

cats whiskers said...

Oh Maria what a lovey hubby you have to make such a great calendar for you, I bet it will get lots of uses. Have a great weekend dear
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Heather said...

I love this card! It is absolutely PERFECT!!! Great job!

Ninchen said...

wow gorgeous card!
i love the image and the colours!

thanks for joining us!

xoxo janina

Karin said...

Hi Maria,

another beauty.
I love the gorgeous image and beautifull colours.
Thanks for joining the JCBC this week.

Enjoy your Sunday,
xoxo Karin

Shirley said...

So strong and peaceful too! A really pretty card!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Lovely card Maria, love the image and gorgous colours and papers. Thank you for juoining our jcbc challenge this week. Hugs Linda x

Gry-Heidi said...

This is a really stunning card, Maria!!
I love it!
Thanks for joining JCBC :)

Hugs, Gry-Heidi