*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 6, 2009

Santa Ba-by hurry down the Chimney tonight!

One of my "thoughts" (not a resolution) for the new year is having my Christmas cards done before Christmas this year. I actually sent some out after Christmas. Helloooo!...I make cards almost everyday of my life...I should not be making them on Christmas eve day! So.........I'm determined to make a Christmas card every week and one of the first Challenge blogs I'm highlighting will help me (and you) do just that! Just Christmas & Birthday Cards! There is a lovely team of ladies who provide delicious sketches every week and you can make a Christmas or Birthday card or one of each and build up your B'day card supply too. Isn't that a grand idea?! Oh, and if the satisfaction of having your Christmas cards done in time is not enough for you, there's a prize in the mix! Linda provided the sketch this week and I have my first Christmas done for this year! yeah!





I used one of my fav PennyBlack stamps, it's so versatile! Dress her for any occasion...look at those sparkly red heels...they are straight from the designer...Dorothy of OZ, or so I hear! hehe
This particular card hit seven other challenges...stay with me, some of these challenges may be new to you! So far we have JC&BCards' sketch, next the PennyBlack challenge was to use embossing & their stamps, of course! Stamp Something challenge was to use something new...I finally bought a tin of Primas...that was also for the challenge on Theme Thursday! This card is bling-ed out with red glitter and dazzling diamonds and bling-was-the-thing on DRS designs challenge blog along with Cupcake Craft Challenge wanting glitter! Papertake Weekly is seeing spots this week and so should you...spots/dots OR circles! And finally, Saturday Surprise had a challenge to use black & white stripes. I have another idea for the black/white stripes but thought I'd throw this one in too! I hope you have enjoyed our trip down Challenge Lane and I hope you have a chance to play along. I'm going to go rest now....linking all those challenges was tough!!!! Blessings!

28 comments:

Gry-Heidi said...

Happy New Year!
I love your card Maria!! and the image is brilliant :)
Thank you for joining the JCBC this week.

Hugs, Gry-Heidi

Lorraine A said...

well I lost count of how many challenges this qualifies for,,,, well done :-) I love this card, I have this stamp and am going to print a copy of this if you don't mind ???? This is fabby :-)
Lorraine

bolha said...

Gorgeous card! Love this PB stamp. And you covered a lot of challenges with this one. I´m impressed.:)
x Natasha x

Alison said...

Fabulous card as alwyas Maria, hope 2009 is a good one for you and yours.

millam said...

Beautiful card!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a lovely creation!! That image is too too cute!! Way to go on all the challenges! :)

tracie said...

Hi Maria, Happy New Year. What a fab new years resolution, think i need to follow suit, lol. Love your card, the image is just so girly and perfect - love the bloom too, fab work.
Thanks for joining us this week
hugs
Tracie :)x

cathy said...

Cute cards!!! Thanks for playing along in our challenge!!! Hope to see you again on Monday for our next one!

Erin... said...

What a fun card!! Love theat image, so cute!! And i really love the green behind the flower! great card! good luck getting christmas cards done early and thanks for playing along:)

Kath said...

loving this one Maria....what a fun card and love the image....thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs Kathxxxxx

Karin said...

Beautifull card.
Love the green and red and great stamp.
thanks for joining the JCBC.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Marcea said...

Brill card hun and good for you for getting a xmas card made already!!!! Thanks for joining us this week on pbsc
-x-

Marcea said...

gorgeous card sweetie, I love this image too
Thankyou for playing along this week
-x-

Etha said...

Wow! lady you've got your challenges covered :) Thanks for playing the DRS one :)
The card is SUPER, love that stamp, oh and the glittery heels, very neat!!

Elena said...

Wow! Maria! Thank you for the great challenges links!!!
Your idea with the Christmas cards is very good! I think I will start doing Christmas card early this year too!
I love this girl on your card!!! Her shoes are awesome!

Lauren said...

Great Card! good idea doing your christmas cards now.
Lauren xx

Jilly said...

Great card absolutely love it. Thank you for joining ccc this week

joey said...

Hi Maria, wow! 7 challenges in one fantastic! I love this image and the sentiment, you have coloured her beautifully. joey xxx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh gorgeous, very elegant. Love the deep colours. Kim

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is a great card Maria! Love that image, too fun! Great coloring too. The floral accent is a great addition. Thanks for playing. :)

Sandy said...

This is very nice!
Thank you so much for participating in Saturday Surprise!

Pauline C said...

Wow well done Maria !! This is a fab funky card, and it is great you managed so many challenges (my record is 8 ... I love multi-challenges too :-) ) Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

Donnas Den said...

Great card and great idea to get prepared.

Happy New Year.

Donna

Shirley said...

How very very cute! I love how you painted the image and the whole design is perfect. A really beautiful card for the coming season.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hello Maria, congratulations on winning our christmas challenge your prize is on its way. I love your take on my sketch this week. Lovely image hun and gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining our challenge this week. Hugs Linda x

Tanja said...

Great Card, Maria! Wonderful Christmas Colors!

Thanks for joining us this week!

Hugs Tanja
(JCBC Team)

Mada said...

Wow, Maria! That's one gorgeous card. :) I love the stamp/image, it's very modern and cute. Great job!

Thank you for joining us again at JCBC.

Hugs,
Mada

steph said...

Great card! And a great idea to do Christmas cards troughout the year! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!