*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 24, 2009

Spring time butterfly


Well, we had spring-like weather yesterday so I made a springy card! Today we are entering back into the deep freeze!
This is the first time I had to ink up my new Crafty Individuals stamp I won sometime ago! I used Dutch Dare's challenge idea for the mosaic and the sketch from Sketch & Stash! The butterfly is layered on vellum with silver embossed script. The sentiment "bloom" is reversed embossed with white and metallic silver. I used the last of my silver shimmery ribbon...eek! I must seriously replenish my ribbon supply!!! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Today, my DH is delivering a beautiful pencil post bed frame he made this past week...I'll try to post a picture later. He made it from walnut wood and it's gorgeous! IMO!
Blessings!!

15 comments:

Bex said...

Lovely Maria - I have that stamp unused so may get it out and play!
Love Bex x

bolha said...

Very beautiful Maria! Gorgeous butterfly and great take on the sketch.
x Natasha x

Bev said...

Maria this is exquisite - a true classic!

hugs Bev x

Shirley said...

It's absolutely gorgeous, Maria! I love the tiles, the image and the way you did your word too! Beautiful!

Linniepink said...

another fab piece of work the tiles are smashing just lovely
linniex

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just lovely Maria :-) Love the blue colours and the butterfly , it's just gorgeous,
I've left you something on my blog :-)

Shirley said...

very pretty card, thanks for the blog visit

Cathy said...

Beautiful card. I love the butterfly and the tiles. It's a great intepretation of the challenge.
Thank you for joining in this week's DDCC challenge.
Cathy xx

Elena said...

So elegant and gorgeous! The mosaic you created looks so pretty!
Sorry that the weather is back to cold again...
I would like to see what your husband created, Maria!

Allison said...

gorgeous crd, what a beautiful stamp
AllisoNX

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Fabulous design Maria!! Love your cool bg!! :)

Becky said...

Beautiful card using your new stamp Maria! I love the little panels, beautiful art work!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun!
Love Becky xx

Heather said...

This is GORGEOUS! Butterfly stamps are my favorite and you really did a fantastic job with this one! Beautiful card!

Karin said...

What a beautifull card Maria.
i love the mosaic, the different shades of blue and that gorgeous image.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo karin

Chrissie said...

Oh this looks just beautiful Maria!
Thanks for joining in the challenge.