*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 13, 2009

The Sugarbowl #1



I finally did my card for the new Sugarbowl challenge...still not quite happy with it. It needs something, tried different ribbons and flowers but they all over-shadowed this super sweet image. I have been practicing my coloring and learning so much from all of you! Thank you! Yet another wonderful reason to blog and meet new friends from all over the world! I used pastels for the sky/clouds and around the grass and scraps of cs for this colorful effect! I'll put a sentiment on when I decide what occasion and who will be the recipient!
This was a lovely sketch, thanks Tiets! So there we are for round one of the Sugarbowl challenge!
Blessings to all who read here!

11 comments:

Tiets said...

a very great card! thanks for joining the sugar bowl challenge!

Kathy said...

Pretty card ~ great embossing and your faux stitching looks great! Love that image as well! Thanks so much for joining in on the challenge :)Kathy

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute Maria! Love those cheerful and bright colors. Adorable image too. :)

Rica said...

This is gorgeous - I love the sort of patchwork effect you've created.
Hugs Heather xx

Sugar Mama said...

Hi Maria
What a gorgeously sweet card!
Thanks so much for joining the first challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
Happy New Year
Sugar Mama x

Susan said...

What an adorable image. Great color choices.

Chrissy D said...

I LOVE this sketch and the colors are so fresh and delightful! TFS!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

I think this is so very sweet!! :) You did a beautiful job coloring in!! I was able to make one for the Sugar Bowl too!! My very first creation with those stamps!! I love them all I think!! lol!! Your colors turned out gorgeous!! TFS!!

Lilian said...

I love your card! The color combination is great and lovely coloring. The faux stitching can be addicting ;) Thank you for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge.

Elena said...

So cute! I love the colors you chose! Love the layering too!

Shirley said...

What gorgeous detail on your image and the way you chose your BG colors and the faux stitching done are wonderful! Beautiful!