*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 16, 2009

A Valentine Tin


I humbly show you my first altered tin! I thought pregnancy stretched you....well, it's stretching time again!!!! No! I'm not pregnant! I'm stepping out of my box, actually I can't even see my box right now!
So, this is my first tin, my daughter helped cover it in newspaper and put a wash over it. IRL you can see more of the news print! We used pink tissue paper, acrylic paint (ivory, brown, gold), I did use a stamp for the words of love....God's love! Now these three remain, faith, hope and love...but the greatest of these is love. First Corinthians 13:13
She didn't know it while helping me, but this will be my teenage daughter's Valentine. It will be presented to her as a "place to keep her heart" until the Lord shows her who to give it to for marriage! I'll include a small journal, little notes of scripture and some family pictures and I'm sure she will keep her little treasures in it too!
The picture was a download from The Vintage Moth. Abbie freely shares beautiful pictures she finds. It's a lovely place to visit with a cup of coffee and browse all her delightful pictures! Well, you might wonder what lured me from my comfortable cardmaking box...it's this wonderful challenge blog called Object D'Art! Jennie has some great ideas to inspire us!! I hope you'll check it out! This project hit on a few other challenges too...Lots To Do wanted us to use newspaper on our creations. Created by Hand wanted us to be inspired by the word LOVE and Secret Crafter's Claire challenged us to make anything but a card! The lovely ladies @ Ooh-La-La gave us the theme "Love is in the Air"/Valentine. Mission accomplished...now back to my box, I have cards to make! Blessings!
Checkout my little giveaway below...

20 comments:

crafty creations said...

Maria it's beautiful and I'm sure your daughter will treasure it

Thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge

CraftyC said...

Your tin is divine Maria, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
Clairex

Sammi said...

Oooh Maria... It is gorgeous and what a precious gift for your daughter!!
Sammi
xxx

Donna said...

Hi Maria, What a gorgeous tin and a very beautiful present for your daughter, I'm sure she will treasure it forever. Thank you for visiting me again on my blog and for your lovely comments and encouragement, it means alot to me. I did manage to get a new shovel lol and even two pigs!! I will have a farm in no time at all and then I just won't have the time to think about smoking. Have a wonderful weekend. Donna x

Jennie said...

Maria, this is gorgeous,and thank you for joining in the challenge :)
Hugs
Jennie x

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh wow this is delightful.
Fabulous Tin.

Wendi said...

Wow Maria what a beautiful tin and present,something your daughter will cherish, I know I would the colours are gorgeous,thank you so much for joining in Ooh La La challenge this week it was a joy to see
Wendi & Emma x

Jane Carroll said...

beautiful!

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

hugs jane x

Heather said...

This turned out GORGEOUS! I would be embarrassed to show my first tin. Yours if fantastic! Have a wonderful weekend!

Retta said...

Luv the girly pinks and that layered background... it has turned out great!!

Elena said...

Wow! That is absolutely amazing Maria! You really are inspiring! Love the background you created! Your daughter is so creative! I love this tin very much! Very precious! Thank you for sharing all the links!

Quietfire Style said...

Very sweet tin! Fill it with love! Thanks for taking the challenge!

Lesley said...

Beautiful box Maria xx

Donna said...

Beautiful tin Maria and well done for stretching yourself, I need to take a leaf out of your book :) Donna x

Bev said...

Maria this is amazing - especially the idea behind it. Wow, your daughter will love and treasure this, it's so beautiful

hugs Bev x

Snuppeline said...

That is so sweet and lovely.It is such a nice thought behind it, who would not treasure a gift like that! It is such a great idea!

Chrissy D said...

WOW! This is sooo beautiful! Your dd will love it! TFS!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your love tin is absolutely beautiful...excellent!

Shirley said...

How pretty! Very Victorian and Old World too! Love it~!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! Your tin is just gorgeous Maria!! And I know where I've been!! SICK!! I hope you don't get sick of me...catching up!! LOL!! :)