*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




February 27, 2009

CBCC#27

huff, huff, huff.....that's me running to catch up yet again! I was away from my poor computer all day yesterday! But had a lovely date day with my DH while the kids had a chance to hangout with my Mom! We went to Benihana for lunch then shopping for a few hours. It was great!
This card was inspired by Courtney over at Created by Courtney. She challenged us to use brown, vanilla & turquoise, one of my fav combos. I didn't have brown brads to match, so I simply punched three dots out using my crop a dile, fixed them in place and applied a drop of crystal effects....voila, a shiny "brad". I've been stamping today, trying to get some of the challenges in before the new ones are issued....what a workout!
Blessings!

eta: I forgot to tell you where the sketch came from....a challenge issued by Stamps & Smiles...checkout the blinkie on my sidebar for all the details! Soo Sorry!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Maria: Sweet card....love it! Glad you got to spend some time with your husband! Fun! Karen

Donna said...

Another beautiful and elegant card Maria, the colours are gorgeous and just perfect together. It sounds like you had a lovely day with hubby and I hope you have a great weekend :)Donna x

Donna said...

This is such a beautiful and elegant Maria and the colours are just gorgeous together. It sounds like you had a lovely day with hubby, hope you have a fab weekend :) Donna x

Donna said...

Sorry Maria, my last post should have said 'card' not that you aren't beautiful but I just didn't want to think I was some mad bunny boiler lol! :) Donna x

Janna said...

What a great idea for the brads! That is something that drives me crazy, not having the right color! I am so taking that idea and running!! Love this beautiful card with the elegant colors and swirls! Sounds like you had a great time with you hubby!

Smiles,
janna

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous card Maria!! Love your colors and the yummy ribbon and scallop!! Very cool!! :)

Elena said...

I love these colors together, Maria! Glad you had a wonderful time with your husband!!!

Kim Meineke said...

Very pretty. It just calls out for spring and I am so ready for that!

Kim

Heather said...

Glad you got to spend some time with your family! This card is beautiful!