*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




February 20, 2009

I punched a frog!















I punched a frog...oh, yes I did! Isn't he cute? I saw this cute little guy on Heather's blog, Stamp with Heather and had to make him! I deviated from the pattern alittle but the whole frog is made with punches; circles, ovals and the littlest boho flower. (Who needs a Cricut anyway?....bawwwww, I do, I do!!!!) The bubble DP is MS and I used the brass stencil below to emboss little waves in the water. It's amazing what pops into your head when you are creating! This project started when I saw the challenge over at Daring Cardmarkers (frog or fish) and the sketch for Friday sketchers. I hope you have the opportunity to punch a frog too, it's so much fun!

















I'm shocked I was able to make a card for a challenge the same day it was issued, besides my crafting space was completely put away! We had friends over and we needed the space. I love to craft but it easily takes over and other things start to slide. So many times we say to our friends, "oh, we'll have to get together!" Then it never happens, so last week, I made phone calls with my day planner in hand and made "dates" for some of our families to get together. Within days we were calling to re-schedule and re-arrange, why is this so difficult? But, alas, we did it. We have gatherings on Sat & Sun yet, which I'm looking forward to {waving! } then we will slip back into routine I'm sure, hopefully not forgetting to do this more often! I hope you have a chance to nourish your friendships online and off! {{squishy hugs to you all}} Blessings!

28 comments:

joey said...

Hi Maria, your card is fabulous, that frog is brilliant!. joey.x

Rein said...

Great card, what a wonderful frog!

Elena said...

This frog is so cute, Maria!!! I love your creative way of embossing!So cool!
Hope you will have a very nice time with your family!

EllePiggo said...

He is cute!! That is one great frog!! :)

Vanessa.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Maria, I'm glad you punched the frog and didn't actually 'punch' the frog, I had to read your post twice lol! :) Donna x

Rica said...

Brilliant Maria - so imaginative - I just love everything about your little froggie.
hugs Heather xx

bolha said...

Gorgeous frog Maria! :)
x Natasha x

Juliet said...

Oh I love this frog - how clever of you!
Brilliant card.
Juliet xx

Jenny said...

I LOVE frogs! He's so cute!

Jean said...

Very very cute!! We dont have that big oval punch here yet. He does look a very happy frog!

Jodi said...

Very cute froggie!!=)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Jill said...

aww Maria what a cute frog wow I love it. thanks so much for the lovely comments on my cards it means so much to me hugs Jill x

Lythan said...

What a great idea Maria. I'm going to have to give this a go and hope my frog is as cute as yours

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is lovely! Your punching is fantastic

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Love the frog. Very clever use of stencil.

Glenda

debra said...

Very cute card Maria
I have also received my fantastic card and images and they are just waiting for me to pick them up to play. Thank you once again
Debra xx

Joan said...

Your frog is fantastic. I love his huge eyes!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER Maria!! This is just too too cute!! What a darling frog and so very creative!! ;) TFS!! Sounds like you're enjoying your weekend!! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!! :)

Allison said...

great frog , he is sooo cute, wonderful
AllisonX

Bev said...

Maria your card is brilliant honey - LOVE the frog!!

Janna said...

This is the coolest thing ever!!! OMG! I can hardly wait to give this a try! I love the little scene you created and the frogs face is so, so cute! Simply adore it!

Smiles,
janna

Sue said...

What a fantastic from Maria, and so very clever. xx

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, I jess love your adorable l'il punch frog!! I can't wait to try to make one myself!!

** Irene ** said...

Fabulous card Maria I love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Ann said...

Wow your punched frog is just gorgeous Maria - how clever and so effective. I love it. Like you I still want a Cricut though.

Thanks for all the lovely comments you leave on my blog. I do appreciate them and I haven't had time to pop over here as much as I would like. Off to look at your other creations.

Ann xxx

Kathy said...

Fab frog - he really made me smile

kareNstampZ said...

Love the frog - he's just sweet

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Love to see what you did with my sketch! Beautiful card. Love the text fitting perfect to the frog and the parts you have embossed! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers. Love,
Jacqueline