*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




February 2, 2009

A Pop-up card!



I had an outside of the box experience! How about a pop-up flower for Valentine's Day! I was inspired by the Roses on Paper challenge today! It was a recipe of sorts; make a V'day card with at least one rose and use the masking technique. I masked the image and sponged around it. I had to blend almost all my coloring to match the vintage bg paper! I used the layout from Friday Sketchers. There is glitter on the flowers and wings and a rhinestone on the corner flower.
I would love to know what you think, your comments always make me smile! Blessings!





14 comments:

Danni said...

Well isn't that just clever!! Love it!

Peta said...

Very creative, Maria. Thanks for joining in our challenge, Good Luck, Peta

Jodi said...

Wow! So very pretty, and creative! Thanks for playing and good luck to you! =)
Hugs,
Jodi

Karen said...

Oh that's just wonderful! Very nice!
Karen
p.s. what a sweet picture of you and your honey! ; )

Susan said...

I love the flower in the middle! However did you do that? Love the vintage look to the front. Great job! Thanks so much for playing with our challenge and good luck!

Elena said...

How creative, Maria!!! Love it!!!
Sergei received his card today!!! Wow! He was so happy! Even my husband was amazed!!! We are going to frame this card!!! Thank you so much, Maria! Sergei is thinking on his project for you!

Kath said...

thank you so much for your sweet comments..you are too kind....love this card Maria and love what you did on the inside...great work
Hugs kath xxxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow maria this is fabulous how clever you are
Hugs jacqui x

Courtney said...

Oh, Maria! You did NOT just do that! This is too neat!!!

Iris said...

what a loveley card and very creative! love the pop-up flower in the middle! Thanks for joining and good luck!

hugs,
Iris

Audrey said...

Wow lovely card and such an intricate pop-up

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Maria, this is sooo cute!! Love your pop up!! :)

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Amazing care...fabulous, thanks for trying my sketch, carole

Susan said...

Fabulous card and very creative!