*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




February 8, 2009

Popping pastels


I tried popping pastels on this little 4x4.5"card!
Sorry for the dark pix, we have a brown base, a red layer then pink pirouette. I versamarked the swirls then dusted with pastel powder (chalk), I then shaded with the same pastel color. It gives it a "flocked" effect! And you can just about see the white stitching all around the top layer! :)
This is a Valentine for a special lady I know!
I was inspired by Stamp Something~valentine. There is also Chris' Belli Challenge I've been wanting to participate in and I used the Color Throwdown challenge which were the perfect colors!
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!
Blessings!

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty---this is a technique I have totally ignored for a long time--I need to try it again!
Thanks for playing the CTD!
LeAnne

Sue said...

Very elegant card Maria, luv the swirls, sue.x

Erin... said...

beautiful!! love what you did with baroque motifs!!! thanks for playing!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Maria! Love this card! Great background! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it means a lot! Love your heart cursor!

Heather said...

This is definitely BEAUTIFUL!! There is a blog award for you on my blog!

Heather Bradley said...

Hello Maria **waves** thanks for hopping onto my blog babe, you are welcome back anytime :0)
Well I think your sentiment on this card says it all, your card,your other creations and your blog....Beautiful!
Your cards are so inspiring, great layouts and a great eye for detail, awesome :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Elena said...

Very beautiful! Pastels give a very nice effect!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabulous make. Kim

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! Your poppin' pastels technique turned out beautifully!! I have this stamp set and I so much LOVE it!! The technique is one of my favs too!! Your card rocks!! TFS!! :)

Donna said...

Another really stunning card Maria and so elegant, the swirls are gorgeous :) Donna x

Katie Renz said...

Love all the colors Maria!

Denise said...

Very pretty Maria! I love that stamp, it's so beautiful, perfect choice! :) Thanks for joining challenge.

Shirley said...

How lovely! I love red and so the poppin pastels is perfect for this and so are the embesllishments!

Chrissy D said...

Maria - this is STUNNING! I love the colors and your layout!!! Thank you for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Deb M. said...

Love the colors...beautiful card.

TFS..