*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 10, 2009

Beware: Rated S~for Silly!

Ok, I did elegant for awhile, now I have to show my silly side! Dutch Dare wanted tropical and I was thinking ...well, let's just suffice to say my brain is a scary little place to be at times! I saw this ruffled trim and flamingo punch art over on SCS...isn't it just too fun! This card is to brighten someone's day...bring some smiles and laughter into their life! I think it will be well received! I need to remind myself every now and then why I enjoy this craft so much. Not to impress someone out there looking at my creations...but to bless the person for which the card is intended! If someone else enjoys it, well that just multiplies the joy!!!
Can you believe Lili of the Valley's challenge was to make a bright & cheerful card....I think I'm going for that one! lol Thanks for looking and I hope you smiled! Blessings!!!

Materials used:
penguin Impress Stamps, scraps of pink DP and aqua paper, pixie pink paper, yellow mulberry paper (3strips layered and snipped) SU markers, SU oval & circle punches, blue Prima flower, rest from stash.

8 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEEHEE!! What a really fun creation Maria!! I just LOVE that penguin!! Memory Box has the cutest little guys!! :) Love your bright colors too!! Hope you're enjoying your day!!

Wilma said...

What a truly fantastic card Maria! Absolutely tropical, wonderful penguin stamp and marvolous colours.

Thank you for joining the DDCC this week!

Hugs, Wilma

Donna said...

LOL Maria, what a fantastic card and such good fun. I love the colours on this card and the ruffle trim is just the best, a bit like you really lol! :) Donna x

Jodi said...

Wow!! These are awesome cards! I love how each one is so different from each other too! You go girl with all these challenges! Very cute flamingo!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Janna said...

So, so cute and funny!!! I love the flamingo on the inside but that fringe is just so, so perfect! I know this would bring a smile to my face if I received this!! Love the bright colors and that cut little penguin!!! So fun!! And I agree we do do this not for the glory but for ourselves! Thanks for reminding me!

Smiles,
janna

bolha said...

I did smile. :) Very cheerfull card. We do need those somethimes. :)
x Natasha x

Elena said...

What a fun card! I love the colors! The inside is absolutely adorable!!! Love it, Maria!

Karin said...

Hi Maria,

really tropical. Love the funny penguin image (made me really smile) and love the papers and colours.
Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

xoxo karin