*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 20, 2009

A Birthday with no DP!


eek! No Designer Paper???? That's what the talented ladies over on the
Creative Card Crew want from us!!! Just don't take away my bling too!
This is a CASE of a CASE! I cased myself casing Mary Fish! I just loved these colors together and matching color was so new to me in the beginning! Now almost 2 years later, it's still one of my favs!
I don't think this one needs much explanation...brown cs, blue, white, br&bl, bl&wht. hehe The gift is from a SU! Christmas stamp set~holiday wishes and the sentiment is my trusted friend SU! cheery chat! If you haven't played along with this new challenge, pop on over, you could win some great stuff and I know you will be inspired!!!!
We're heading out later this morning...I promised the kiddos we'd stop at the library and hit all the local shops...I think Rita's Italian Ice offers freebies today; the first day of spring! Yes, we have a Rita's in our little neck of the woods....actually it's in the next town over! But I like it that way...I think the trouble all started when we got that blasted red light (traffic light) a few years ago! haha, a little country humor! Gosh, I hope you all can find humor in whatever you're doing today and make it a great one! Abundant Peace & Many Blessings to you today!

17 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Maria what a lovely card i love the embossing and the bright colour's. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Danni said...

What a cute card!! Fun!

Moni said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, your card is gorgeous. Love the colour combo! Hugs, Moni

Deb Neerman said...

Love this Maria! The embossing really pops with that color combination ... great take on the challenge!

Have a great weekend, my friend!

Donna said...

Hi Maria, this is such a glorious colour combination and I love the embossing, it really stands out well on the coloured card. Fab big sentiment and well done on finding some space for some bling. Hope you enjoyed your ice creams today, have a lovely weekend :) Donna x

Sammi said...

Gorgeous!!

Tasha said...

Absolutely gorgeous i thinkyou have done a brilliant job
Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew
love tasha xx

Lesley said...

Great card Maria, lovely colours together xx

Karen said...

Hi Maria!! [[love]] it! Funny, I was just reading about Rita's....hope you enjoyed!

Jodi said...

You did really awesome with the challenge. It's not that easy to make a card without background paper.
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Emma said...

Fantastic card Maria...I love the colour combo.
Emma x

Elena said...

I can't even imagine that I will do a card without DP... But you did some fantatsic job, Maria! Love the rhinestones you added! So cute!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What a lovely card Maria, hope you had a great day out with the children. Thank you for joining in with our challenge again this week. Hugs Linda x

Sharon said...

WOW Maria! It's incredble. You've done a fantastic job without the paper. I love the split colours and the embossing is super. hmmm.....no bling eh? maybe that's a challenge for the future. lol. Have a wonderful day.
Sharon xx

Shirley said...

I rarely use DP, but find I am getting more attracted to it. I love you card though! It is really pretty and a great male card too!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh did a really fab job without using any DP!! :) I do like DP and like to use it, but sometimes I just like to take out those stamps and make my own!

Janna said...

OMGoodness no DP is so, so hard but you did a brilliant job! I love the color cobo as well and the stunning layout! The swirls add so much texture and I love the image! Such a fun card!! I hope you had a good time on your outtings. It was so beautiufl on Saturday and so nice just to get out and about!

Smiles,
janna