*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 13, 2009

Blessed!

Blessed! That's me!
That's you too! Yeah, ya are...if you think about it, you are! Even with everything going on around us, we still have blessings to count, probably too many to count! So smile, you're blessed!
Now, onto this simple little card...
The colors were inspired by The Pink Elephant challenge #5 (brown, green & pink), I love color combos with brown!
I used the lovely sketch by Laura over at 2Sketches4You!
(Laura & Kazan do a wonderful job with these sketches everyweek!)
The rose is from Close To My Heart, colored with Prisma markers and highlighted with a gold gel pen. The white panel is "tissued" (not sponged) with pixie pink. Well, there was a tissue laying on my craft table so....no, it wasn't used!!!! The white still looked a little bare so I used the lattice technique! NO SCOR-PAL WAS USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS LATTICE!
I just wanted to make that clear...so those of you who do not own a scor pal can be inspired! I simply used my Creative Memories straight paper cutter and my Stampin' Up! stylus! Just run your stylus over your paper placed over the groove, that's it! (if you need pictures, email me) I finished off with a little bling and there ya go!
So, did you know you're one of my counted blessings, I appreciate all the wonderful friends I've come to know through blogging and all of you who leave lovely comments...you make me smile! Now go forth, have a great weekend and be blessed!!!

29 comments:

Danni said...

Wonderful card and wow, great lattice without a scorpal!
Be sure to check out your email and PCP SCACD group, wink, wink!!
HUGS!

Joan said...

Nice card Maria.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

very pretty. that rose is gorgeous and I love the lattice look of the background.

itsabrt said...

What a gorgeous rose, your card is wonderful! BR-T

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

Very Lovely card!!

Lori R (TPE)

Jodi said...

Such a pretty card, that rose is so outstanding! you did a great job coloring it, and making you background. =)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful card Maria, that rose is stunning! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Maria, your rose looks so real and your latticed background is gorgeous. -x-

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh gosh this is just stunningly elegant!!!! Great job on the scoring without the Pal!!! LOL

Ann said...

Too right Maria we are all blessed. love your latest card and well done on doing the lattice work with no score pal. I haven't got one either and anythings possible if you work at it.

Ann xxx (from The Pink Elephant Challenge)

Carol said...

I love the Scor Pal background and your rose is just beautiful Maria!
We love to see such stunning work at TPE...glad you could join us :)

Hugs
Carol x

bolha said...

Very beautiful Maria! Gorgeous rose.
x Natasha x

cheryln said...

beautiful!

Paula said...

What a beautiful Card maria. Thankyou for entering my blog candy good luck.
Paula xxxx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Love the background...what a gorgeous card!
Have a nice weekend.
Carole

Elena said...

Wow! This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the gorgeous coloring, Maria! And background you created is so beautiful!

Donna said...

Ahh you make me smile too Maria. Your card is beautiful, gorgeous rose and fabulous idea with the lattice background, thanks for sharing your tips with us. Have a great weekend

Marcea said...

such a beautiful rose - your card is wonderful Maria
Have a lovely weekend hun
-x-

Jill said...

beautiful card Maria I love the flower image hugs Jill x

~dawne said...

What a gorgeous card....your rose is simply beautiful. So glad you joined us this week.

Donna said...

Wow Maria, this is such a beautiful and elegant card and well done on the lattice background, you must have the patience of a saint to create something that intricate, well done you :) Donna x

Robin said...

This is a very pretty card!!! I love that rose! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!
Robin
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

Allison said...

gorgeous card Maria, the flower is wonderful
AllisoNX

Pia said...

what a beautiful card

Deb Neerman said...

Love your card, Maria ... and your scoring is perfection! Very clever!

Janna said...

Wow, wow, wow! Another gorgeous creation! I love the beautiful large rose and the beautiful lattice work you did! I love that! I am definitely going to give that a try!!

Smiles,
janna

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a gorgeous BG and the flower is so stunning Maria!! WOWZER!!

Anonymous said...

I feel blessed, love the rose, it just jumps out at you, seems like you could pick it up & smell it - great work.

God Bless - Fran

Shirley said...

How absolutely lovely and so elegant too!