*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 27, 2009

Flutter by #50 and Free Stuff

Happy Friday!
I'd like to share a fabulous challenge with you called Flutter by Wednesdays, it's somewhat new to me but as you can see this is their 50th challenge. Danni over @ Danni's Dreams has all the details and some blog candy too! For my card, I used my SU bold butterfly in rose red and pink pirouette. The flower bg is vellum over baja breeze and white. The green leaves are cut from the Cricut, when I had a play date with my lovely friend the other week! I thought these colors looked happy together!
Cute Card Thursday's theme was to create a card for a member of your family, but I can't tell you who this is for because they all read my blog! (*family note-you'll have forgotton about this by the time you rec it)
I wanted to also share some exciting news with you...I will be an April guest designer for the Anki Sweethearts stamps, an exclusive line of stamps for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design shop. So I'll have some great projects to show you and fun info to share. Which brings me to the next bit of info...
Susana's store blog, Follow Your Heart, has some great inspiration and tutorials so it is definitely worth hopping over to visit. Danni of Danni's Dreams just did an awesome technique tutorial on crinkled chalk! Yeah, I never heard of that either, but she shows us how...easy peasy!
What else you ask, well...

There is a sketch challenge going on until the end of the month over on PCP at Susana's. Create a card with this sketch and you could win some free stamps! No problem right? But there's more...

Gosh, free stuff everywhere! Here's three more chances to win some yummies. The wonderfully talented Suzanne Dean is offering blog candy, three of them, to celebrate her first year blogging. I can not believe she has only been on the scene for a year...her blog Scrap Bitz, is famous for her beautiful creations, tutorials and design team work! So check it out!



Well, that should keep you hopping for awhile! Enjoy your weekend! Blessings!

14 comments:

Janna said...

Maria!!! Congratulations!!! That is so, so, so exciting and so well deserved! You make some wonderful creations with those Anki Stamps! i can hardly wait to see what you come up with!!!

This card is just adorable!! I love the beautiful papers you used and the giant butterfly in the middle! The smaller buttefly at the bottom is a perfect touch as well! A gorgeous spring card!

Smiles,
janna

Alanna said...

Great card, as always. And congratulations on your being appointed as a guest designer. I look forward to your work.

Danni said...

Ohhh, I like your card!! So happy you got a chance to play along with my challenge!! Very pretty!
Congrats again on being a guest designer for April! You'll be awesome!!
Hugs!

Donna said...

Oh Maria, congratulations on being a guest designer, how exciting for you. Your card is stunning, I love that SU set. well you have given us all alot of links to look through so off to get a cuppa and settle down lol. Take care. Donna x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is such a pretty and bright fun creation maria!! I love those pretty papers!! WOOT WOOT!! So glad you are the guest designer!! Congrats to you my friend!! You certainly deserve a spot!! :) I look forward to seeing all you do!! Have a great weekend!!

Cassie said...

this is gorgeous maria!!! i LOVE that sentiment - so cool!

congrats also on making the guest spot with Anki's sweethearts - I can't wait to see what you create and share!!

thanks for joining us at flutter by this week! good luck with the giveaway!

Allison said...

fab card and congrats to you on your guest DT spot- i know you will be fab- let me know nearer the time so i don't miss out
Have a great weekend
AllisonX

Emma said...

Beautiful card Maria...gorgeous colours.
Emma x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Maria and such a pretty butterfly and amazingingly pretty DP. The green leaves are the perfect finishing touch. Congratulations on your GD spot for Anki's Sweethearts, I'm so looking forward to seeing your cards. Hope you have a wonderful weekend :) Donna x

Deb said...

beautiful card, love the stamp and pretty paper!
Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Deb Neerman said...

Congrats on the guest designing gig ... no one deserves it more!

Love your card!! So different and fun!

Jodi said...

Great job on the challenge~Good luck!! Thanks for joihing us too!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Elena said...

Maria, I am so happy for you! Wonderful, wonderful news! Congrtulations!
Your butterfly card is so pretty!

Shirley said...

I love the set you used and the card you created. How beautiful and Spring!!!!!