*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 13, 2009

A Her & A Him Card!





A card for her and a card for him! I usually don't put two cards in one post but it's Friday, I'm being efficient!!
My girlie card is from the little set of dress up girls by the Angel Co. (I think, it's blue rubber with gray foam) I used my prisma pencils & baby oil. I don't have nesties, so in order to have a scalloped rectangle big enough, I punched four squares and overlapped them! Hey, it worked!
This is the sketch from Sketch & Stash, though you can't quite see the two DP panels. My new stash is the sentiment from Lizzie Anne Designs won in candy! (LAD, Little Bits) The flower is CB'd, shaded w/white craft ink as a base "coat" then sponged with green & yellow, better IRL, fine & chunky glitter added! K&co paper, of course!
For the masculine card, the camo paper came from the clearance bin at Michael's ($0.25)! The letters are Junkiz Whimsical. I didn't take a close up but I stamped "manly" images in the bg...hunter, hunting dog, pheasant. Charisma Cardz wanted a guy card and the sketch is from the Beary Box thursday challenge!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend...Peace and Blessings to all who read here!
* highlighted for the convenience of the Sketch & Stash crew!



20 comments:

Danni said...

Ohhh, you used one of my favorite TAC sets!! I just love that set! Your card is too cute and I love your "dad" one too! Very nice!

Emma said...

Hi Maria
Two gorgeous and stunning cards...love them both.
Emma x

Donna said...

Well done for being so super efficient Maria, 2 super cards and the image on the first one is so sweet, love the card for Dad, very masculine, hope you have a lovely weekend :) Donna x

Janna said...

Two fantastic cards!! I love that little girl in the dress! Reminds me of myself trying on my moms clothes! Beautiful coloring and the overlapping squares was a great idea! The masculine card though is incredible!! Love the paper and the way you tied the letters together! Such a great idea!

Smiles,
janna

Vee said...

Both cards a fab. Love the tied effect on the male card, really good idea.Thanks for joining the Charisma challenge this week
xx Vee

Jodi said...

These are both very great cards, the first one has a super cute image of that girl!! pretty coloring too! I love that masculine card and how you connected the letters. Very creative.
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card! Thanks for playing!!
-t

Nilla said...

Lovely cards! from Nilla

Nicola said...

What beautiful cards Maria, the little girl is oh so cute and what a fab card for your dad. -x-

Leanne said...

OOOh I love your DAD card, the colours are fantastic!
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges - good luck!
Leanne :o)
xx

Joy said...

Fabulous card for a guy, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Elena said...

Your masculine card looks great! I love the colors!!
And your first card is so cute! Love the DP and the way how you colored the dress! Looks like real dress!

Bubbles said...

2 really lovely cards Maria. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Joanne x

Chrissie said...

I LOVE your cards Maria (both of them!) Your 'her' card is such a fabulous image and those papers and colours are just perfect.
Thanks for joining in with S&S.

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, I love 'em! Especially the "dad" card ... I'm a sucker for earth tones, lol, and this one is beautiful!

Nilla said...

Congrats!!!! Hurray!!! from Nilla

E.T said...

great job! Congrats!

Becky said...

Gorgeous card and great stash! Love what you did with the sketch!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh what fun cards to create!! I love the darling her card!! The flower adds the perfect touch and the masculine card idea is something I always need in my stash!

Shirley said...

Your first card is pretty and adorable and your last card is one any father would dearly love!