*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 25, 2009

A Hokey Pokey Monster





Let's Dance!

I grew up doing the hokey pokey, did you? Usually doing it on roller skates! My dear hubby and I met on roller skates at the local roller rink! I think, as a teen, I was at the rink every Wed & Fri night, Sat & Sun afternoon and evening! What can I say, it was the local hangout! My DH was the guy skating backwards and doing splits. Oh, my heart would pitter patter when I saw him! Still does!! Is it getting hot in here???? :) I have wonderful memories of our skating days!!

Anyhoo...onto the card! When I saw this little guy, he looked like he was doing the hokey pokey. "You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, you put your right foot in and ya shake it all about, you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around, {clap}, that's what it's all about!" Sung while standing in a large circle...with every body part getting it's turn!!! If you're still confused...google it! So, get on with the challenges you say....




Well, the Cupcake Craft challenge started it all, with a theme~monsters, the cute ones not the scary kind. I used Donalda's sketch from Lili of the Valley and shrank it down tag size for the One Stop Craft challenge! And the colors were inspired by Colour Create~navy, turq & lime.

Hope everyone had a hokey pokey kinda day!
Blessings!

13 comments:

Danni said...

Oh how fun! I love rollerskating and yes, I did the hokey pokey there too! Fun!

Janna said...

This is just so fun!! I love this tag and the great sentiment! You are right it looks like he is doing the hokey pokey! Great coloring and layout as well! i am so jealous though! i can't roller skate at all! i love the story though of how you and your husband met! What great memories!

Smiles,
janna

bolha said...

Cute little monster. Love how the eyes look, I first thought they were those googly eyes.
x Natasha x

Deb Neerman said...

Soooooooooooo stinkin' cute! Love that image ... and I totally remember doing the 'Hokey Pokey!' Thanks for the inspiration AND the long-lost memory!

Donna said...

Love the story behind you and hubby meeting Maria, I can just imagine hubby impressing all the girls lol! Fantastic little card and such a brilliant sentiment, I love the papers you have chosen and the colours are just perfect :) I hope everything went OK at the dentisit today :) Donna x

Tammy said...

I like how you made the eyes pop and that saying on the back side is perfect

Elena said...

I loved to read your story about roller skates!
And your card is so much fun! Love the tag shape and this adorable guy!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEEHEE!! How cute is this!!! I really love your tag!! That image just goes so perfectly with that sentiment!! Love it!! :)

Shelley said...

What a fun tag, I love it :) Thanks for joining in with the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Shelley xx

Donna said...

in out in out and shake it all about.....that will be stuck in my head all night now lol. Love your tag card Maria the little image is so sweet. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge.Donna x

Sharon said...

Oops! I missed this one Maria (so sorry). It's a fab little monster tag - love the colours and image and the tag shape. Thanks for joining both the One Stop Craft Challenge and the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Paula said...

Good Morning Maria this is absolutly fab hun love the monster image and great tag. Thankyou for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Paula xxxx

joey said...

Hi Maria, this is fabulous, that monster did make me smile brilliant work! Joey.x