*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 14, 2009

How does your garden grow?



Well, we started our garden today! A sure sign of spring!! It's still a little cold to plant but the snowpeas and onions are ready to go in, maybe next weekend! In honor of the garden, I made a green card today! :) Actually I made the green card for the Creative Card Crew's brand new challenge blog!
The papers are Martha Stewart and I used my prisma pencils for coloring! I saw a great tutorial by Suzanne Dean over on the Follow Your Heart blog on making a cloudy background, it worked great but then I covered it up with my sweet Tilda! :( I also added a little "Charlie Brown" grass. The flowers are the SU! boho punch.
This card is going to a friend who shows kindness to our family often! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! I had a lovely weekend so far, will tell you all about it when I'm not in a rush! Blessings!!!

15 comments:

Nilla said...

This is lovely, I like the 3D effect! from Nilla

Paula said...

Oh Maria this is absolutly beautiful your colouring is perfect and those papers are fab. Thankyou for taking part in the First Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Danni said...

This is so pretty! I don't think I've seen that Tilda before, she's cute. Great job on using Suzanne's tutorial!

Jodi said...

Wow! This is awesome, your coloring and added embellishments are perfect!! I love it!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

bolha said...

Gorgeous green! Tha paper is fantastic.
x Natasha x

Sharon said...

Wow! This is wonderful Maria. The clouds and grass you created are excellent. I love the distressing - it teams so well with the contrasting brown in the ribbon and flowers. Thanks for joining the first challenge at Creative Card Crew.
Sharon xx

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is just stunning - love the colour combo. Thanks for visiting my blog!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Maria, what a gorgeous card hunny, i love the tilda image the lovely papers and the layout you've used. A fabulous card, thank you for joining in with our challenge this week and good luck! linda x

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous! Love the color combination and you've colored her just beautifully!

Donna said...

This is such a pretty card Maria and such a wonderful colour combi, I love the little flowers they are so sweet :) Donna x

Janna said...

This is just so, so sweet!!! I love the way you colored this Tilda in and the beautiful flowers you added! The papers and ribbon are fantastic and the texture you made with the embossing plate adds the perfect touch!!

smiles,
janna

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! This is just too too cute!! I really love your coloring on this one!! Such fab details too!! The flowers are so sweet too!!

Anonymous said...

This is just tooooo cute, love the colors also. You are just so talented.

God Bless - Fran

Elena said...

Very cute! Ilove the background you created! Thank you for sharing the link, Maria!

Shirley said...

She is just so precious! I love the design and what you did with her clothes too!