*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 3, 2009

A Little Something!

Ok, here's a finished card on Tuesday using some of Tuesday's challenges! yeah!

Alright, you who have followed this blog know I have a heart cry for those struggling and hurting in this economy or in general feeling hopeless! So, while I was making this little 4x4 card, a spirit of giving rose up in me....
I made it into a little gift card holder to pass along to an unsuspecting recipient at the grocery store.
Won't that be fun!
I started with this beautiful downloaded paper....it's been sitting in my thumb drive for eons and I don't know where it came from (...if anyone knows, let me know) I knew when I saw the Colour Create challenge I wanted to use it! I thought I would combine Kaboodle's vintage challenge with Madelynn's Twinkling Tue. sketch. And there was a bow so I thought of Created by Courtney's challenge too!

I used SU's pocket silhouettes and my CM cutting system along with a MS scallop punch, pretty ribbon and sponging. I needed a brown scallop for another project, so I recycled the brown cs for my base and created a little backing for my card in which I included a scripture! It's stamped on the white insert through the scallop hole...make sense?? And there you go a sweet little something for someone!

Hope you are having a great day! Blessings!







22 comments:

Danni said...

What a wonderful thing to do! It's so pretty!

Karen said...

O.M.Goodness, Maria.....you are somethin' else! What a great idea! {{love it}}

Beautiful Grace said...

Your heart is beautiful and creative...how awesome is that?

Heather said...

Beautiful card! You are one special lady!

Kim said...

Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week Maria! Your card is gorgeous!
Hugs~ Kim

Colleen said...

How sweet of you! someone will love receiving your gorgeous card!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Maria and I agree that the papers are very scrummy, the thought behind this card is so caring and I'm sure the recipient will be really happy :) Donna x

bolha said...

Stunning card and very nice gesture. You´ll make somebody´s day very special.
x Natasha x

joey said...

Hi Maria, oh this is so elegant its beautiful, the paper is so gorgeous. such a lovely card. joey.x

Allison said...

absolutely gorgeous, the image so matches the papers and I love the colours
AllisonX

Jodi said...

Maria such a very pretty card and what a sweet person you are, that person will just love it!!!
Hugs,Jodi =)

Elena said...

You are so kind, Maria! This gift card holder is gorgeous! One of my favorite SU stamp sets!

Janna said...

Maria this is amazing!!! Wow, wow, wow! I love that DP and the flower you stamped is perfect! What a great idea to to give it away! That is so generous. I think I might have to try this! You did such an amazing job with Madelynn's sketch as well! YOu are a very giving spirit!

Smiles,
janna

Rica said...

Hi Maria - hope you are well.
Fabulous card, so pretty and elegant. Love the papers and the way you've stamped the image on the inside is brilliant.
hugs Heather xx

sari said...

oh my...your card is absolutly stunning!!

Sharon said...

Wow Maria, this is really elegant. That paper is one of the most beautiful I've seen. How wonderful to turn this into a gift voucher for someone in need. That makes our challenge all the more worthwhile (Thank you). Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card. I'm sure you made someone's day what a lovely surprise for someone.

Glenda

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Gorgeous creation Maria!! And what a really clever project this is!! Perfect for a very cool gift surprise for someone!! I have two birthdays coming up and this would really be a clever way to handle it!! :) TFS!

Sarita said...

What an amazing thing to do to, and what an amazing card, it is beautiful. I would love to see the face of the person who receives this, thank you so much for joining in the colour create challenge,
Sarita xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is lovely, very clever. Thanks for joining the Kaboodle Doodles challenge. Kim

Ann said...

oh Maria this is just gorgeous and what a lovely kind action too. You are a lovely person.

Ann xxx

Marna said...

I love that little something. It's gorgeous!
Greetings,
Marna