*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 16, 2009

Need a Hug?

Here's a little cutie!
Instead of using Baby Millie for a baby card, I decided she would become a messenger of smiles! Off to someone who could use a hug! Aren't these fun, happy colors? Colour Create gave us red/green as inspiration colors this week. I went with "spring-time" shades of red/green! The sketch is from the lovely Michelle for A Spoonful of Sugar. Crafty Creations' challenge was flowers. Since I'm not one to use flowers much, I chose this card to enter because of these cute little paper flowers! (Truth be told, I don't use flowers much because I can never find ones in my stash to match!) The sentiment is simple...hugs! It's from Su's Soo Many Sayings. I use these stamps alot because they're so versatile! They come on 3 wooden blocks, each has about 9 sayings in column form...not very user friendly that way! But after a little operation with my craft knife, I can use them anyway I want! Yes, I cut up my Stampin' Up stamps! You can do your wheel stamps too, cut them off their wheels and attach them to a wooden or acrylic block...no more trying to roll straight! Cool, huh? So,go ahead, mutilate your stamps and make them work for you! LOL I hope your day was a good one and you were able to bless someone with one of your beautiful creations! Peace & Blessings!
materials used:
celery, turquoise cs, regal rose DSP, Sugar Nellie stamp, SU! pastels (chalks), K&co brads, ribbon from stash, and the stitching stamps from Hot Off the Press., sentiment-partial stamp from SU! so many sayings.

18 comments:

Donna said...

Awwww this is such a beautiful card Maria, I love the iamge and the bold colours you have used and the stitching is just perfect. I was LOL at you mutilating your stamps but sounds like you got the result you wanted in the end lol! Such a lovely card my friend :) Donna x

Heather said...

Maria, this is adorable! I love the bright colors and all of the layers. The flowers and ribbon are just perfect!
I cut apart a lot of my stamps. I think it makes them more versatile! I've never taken a wheel apart though, I might have to try that! Fabulous card!!

Danni said...

Aww, she's so cute!! Love this card!

Nilla said...

Can always need a hug! Love this card! hugs from Nilla

Deb Neerman said...

Soooo cute, Maria! Great color combination .. very spring-like!

Janna said...

Maria this is awesome!!!!! Wow, wow, wow! I can't tell you how much I love this color combo! so sophisticated and grogeous! That image is beautiful and so beautifully colored as well!! I love this card and that stitching is perfect!! You did such an amazing job! Your friend would love this1

smiles,
janna

Jodi said...

Oh Wow!! This is so cute!! I love that you were able to use your sewing machine on it too! These are great stamps to work with and your coloring is great!! =)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

bolha said...

Adorable image and gorgeous card. Stiching is my favorite.:) x Natasha x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! How sweet is this!! I love your sweet details and the image is darling!! :)

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Maria. A wonderful use of the colours and that image is so cute. Love the stitch detail too. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

Love this card, the colors really make it stand out, this is fantastic.

God Bless - Fran

Elena said...

So precious! Love the layout and stitching you added!

Shirley said...

Just too cute and what a great color combo!

acreativeneed said...

Really sweet Maria! Thanks for joining our CCC this week!
smiles,Deena

Rica said...

Hi Maria - gorgeous card - great use of the colours and that image is just adorable - I love it.
Thanks for playing with us at CC.
lots of hugs Heather xx

RubyMay said...

this is wonderful. I love the stitching detail...and its a beautiful design x

aardvarkpest said...

Cute card.Perfect colouring and great stitching.

Glenda

Chris said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Maria and I love that cute image. The papers are wonderful, love the shades of red and green you found for the challenge and the stitching is such a great detail. Chris x