*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 17, 2009

Shabby Chic card



Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No green card today, they've been sent on their way! I was feelin' a little shabby chic instead! I really have no idea what my style is, obviously, I just know I like creating cards that make people smile!

I used Andrea's sketch over at the Kaboodle blog! You can participate in their challenges using their downloads or not! This digi paper is from Summer Driggs! I printed the flower out four times and layered it with thin foam dots! Roughed the white cs up a bit and stamped the stem and the sentiment (LAD). Rather simplistic, but I'm pleased with it!

Well, the sun is shinning, the kids are outside playing, they'll work on their school work throughout the day...wouldn't want to miss this beautiful day! I'm off to hang laundry out on the line and bake a cake with green icing. That's about all we do for this holiday now that the kids are a bit older. We do have a touch of Irish blood runnin' through our veins on my paternal side and I have the white skin and auburn hair to prove it! hehe I will read a short bio on St Patrick to everyone later today! It's always nice to know why holidays are celebrated! I hope you have a fabulous day and you're able to bless someone today! Irish blessings to all who read here!

22 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OH I just love shabby chick style!! What a fun creation!! :) TFS!

Danni said...

What a neat card! so pretty!

Sue said...

Great card Maria great layout, lovely papers, sue.x

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the style.
Hugs, Christine :)

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Maria, i hope you are well hunny and enjoying your week so far. What a gorgeous card, i love the image you've used here. The card below is gorgeous too, i love that image. Have a great evening, big hugs Linda x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh lovely card, I love the shabby chic look. Fab take on the sketch. Thanks for joining the Kaboodle Doodles challenge. Kim

Donna said...

Love your shabby chic card Maria and a happy St Patricks day from N.Ireland, its been a lovely day here too, the birds are singing and the sun is shining, bliss. Donna x

Donna said...

Your cards always make me smile Maria and this one is no exception :) I love the shabby chic style and the lone flower looks stunning against the floral background. Sounds like you are having a great St Patricks Day :) Donna x

Jodi said...

Very pretty! I love that you are always able to participate in Challenges!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Susana M said...

Hi Maria,
Thought I'd stop by and say HI and that I really thought the shabby chic style worked here and I like the centering of the panels being offset very cool :o) BTW: I so heart the little flower cursor so cuteeee
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

bolha said...

Beautiful card. The flower looks really pretty.
x Natasha x

Nilla said...

This is so elegant and I love the bg paper! hugs from Nilla

Diane said...

Beautiful card, and I love your other creations too. Thank you for being a first time visitor at Diane's Designs. So glad you stopped in and I so appreciated your comment. I'm delighted I could follow you to your blog to see your artwork. I'll be back!

I'd love for you to visit my other blog, Women to Women: Sharing Jesus. It's highly interactive and is just a blessing to see how many are participating just to exalt the name of Jesus. Would love for you to come take a peek.

Blessings on your day...thanks again.

Joan said...

Very nice card!

Elena said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Maria!
Tha card is so pretty! That is what I like about making cards - giving people some smiles!
Hugs,
Elena

Shirley said...

Love it Maria! I think your flower is just beautifully shabby.

Tracey said...

Hello Maria
Love this card & the distressed feel it has :o)

Thanks for joining the Kaboodle Doodles challenge this time.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Alanna said...

Gorgeous. I love how you have the strips of paper on the card. And the dp is lovely.

Janna said...

Maria this is so, so pretty!! I love the shabby chic look and the gorgeous papers and colors! Great stamp as well! It is so nice that the weather is good enough that the kids can go play outside! I can only hope spring is here to stay!

Smiles,
janna

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is so sweet. Love how you used the papers behind the flower and thanks for visiting my blog!

southern fairy said...

beautiful card, thanks for joining in the kaboodle doodle challenge :)

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous card Maria, love the flower, and the papers are great. Greetings from a sunny UK (for a change). Louise x