*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 30, 2009

Tender Toile Bunny



Can you believe Easter is less than two weeks away?! So many of the challenges are calling for Easter cards. I don't send out a ton of them but I do need to start making some!

A brand new challenge to get you're mojo going is Res-Q-challenge, this is only their second challenge and it's based on an inspiration theme this week. Beautifully patterned teapot & dishes. They reminded me of a soap dish my grandmother had, as a little girl I though it was so so pretty. It was white with little blue flowers and a gold ring around the top. I used the MME everyday tango DP and added a little swirl on the bottom half, can you see it? It's a little more distinct IRL. The sweet bunny is from a retired SU! set, Tender Toile, it's my fav. "realistic" bunny! The itty bitty Happy Easter is from a wonderful Clear Dollar Stamps set, just nutty, it was just the right size! I used SU markers for coloring; old olive and caramel. Here are some other challenges: Daring Cardmakers wanted to see chicks, bunnies or both and Crafty Creations wanted just bunnies! And A Spoonful of Sugar was looking for Easter cards!

Hope you're enjoying your Monday! I had to call the dentist over the weekend for my DH, he broke a back tooth, ouchy! Our dentist is so wonderful, they took him first thing this morning! He's much better now! Many blessings to you today!

26 comments:

Donna said...

I lvoe this little card Maria, the papers are so pretty and such gorgeous colours too :) cute little bunny image and you have coloured him in perfectly :) Donna x

Poppy said...

I love this sweet brown bunny. We have wild bunnies like this where I live. Love the blue and brown color scheme. Thanks for playing our challenge, Maria!

naturecoastcrafter said...

Maria, glad to see you again. This card really met Michelle's challenge--the DP is beautiful and the layout, colors, image just perfect. You do such great work, thank you for sharing it on the RES-Q-CHALLENGE! Great write up and it is so appreciated by all of us!

JoAnn (sarahzoe) said...

So pretty, Maria. I love the delicate blue flowers and the beautifully done image. Fabulous Easter card. Thanks for playing along today.

Joan said...

Beautiful card - very peaceful.

Jaime said...

That is darling Maria. I can see the swirl and I just adore the bunny. Dentist ouch! my mouth already hurts just thinking about the dentist.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card! I love bunny images and yours is adorable. The small blue flowers, scalloped edges and overall delicate look of the card are definitely reminiscent of the inspiration piece. Thanks so much for trying the challenge! :)

Janna said...

Ohhh glad your husband's tooth got fixed! that is just horrible! This card is just so cute!! I love the patterned paper and the beautiful coloring on your image!! So, so cute! A great layout as well!

smiles,
janna

itsabrt said...

This is a truly amazing card for Easter, the colors are radiant and the sentimental side is wonderfully inspiring. Thank you for visiting me and leaving a kind comment! BR-T

Saskia said...

Maria, This card is so sweet and lovely!! Thanks for taking part at the Crafty Creations Challenge!! Hope to see you back next time!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Ellepiggo by Vanessa said...

A lovely card! :) Thanks for joining in with the DCM. :)

Vanessa.

Holly said...

This is gorgeous!!!!! I love the papers you chose for the background with that little blue swirl under the scallop oval. The bunny image is absolutely darling and perfect for an Easter card! :-)

debra said...

Hi Maria
Thanks for visiting my blog today and checking it out, took a bit of doing the linking thing but sorted it with the help of your fabby email which i have saved, as i am sure i'll need it again must keep a little note book of all my computer instructions just incase i forget lol
hugs Debra xx

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Maria, and such pretty colours!
Clairex

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hey Maria!! This is one gorgeous card!! WOW!! I really LOVE your beautiful colors and images!! TFS! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is fantastic. I love this set and you really did a beautiful job coloring it!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Maria....this is so elegant!! What a beautiful and sweet little bunny and fabulous bg!!!!

Els G. said...

Gorgeous card! Love your colouring and the combination with the DP.
Els
x

Anonymous said...

I truly love this card, it is so peaceful to look at, the colors are great -

God Bless - Fran

acreativeneed said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors and patterns!
Glad you joined in our Crafty Creations Challenge again, Maria!!
smiles,Deena

Beautiful Grace said...

Ouch!!! :( Glad he's better!!! :)

Gretchen said...

Very pretty! I love the darker colors- still springy but different! Thanks for sharing!

Elena said...

I love the flowers on the background! Bunny is so cute! Very beautiful Easter card, Maria!

Kathy said...

Such a lovely image, Maria and just right for Jo's DCM dare

Nicola said...

Stunning card Maria, love this cute little bunny which you have coloured perfectly and your colour combo is superb. -x-

Shirley said...

How adorable and so pretty too!