*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 19, 2009

Twisted Thursday




I saw a new challenge over @Karolyn's blog, Paper Therapy! It's called Twisted Thursday because there's a twist to the challenge! Pop over to her blog for all the details! (you'll be glad ya did! wink ;)

Isn't this a sweet image, I downloaded it and went to work! I used SU! chalks for coloring and K&co papers. The retro flower was punched, CB'd, curled and popped. There's a little boho punched center and a grn brad! I really need to buy a leaf/stem punch, the evergreen bough is not cutting it for spring! But I used what I had for now!

When I was coloring this cutie, I was thinking of who to give it to. I like to send my cards out right away so they don't start accumulating but most people aren't that fond of mice. So I thought to dress "her" up a bit with a diamond necklace...who can resist diamonds, right?! Then BAM! I saw an email pop up about a young lady friend going on a missionary trip, well my dilemma was solved! She is so sweet and has such a heart for the Lord, we will definitely be supporting her and some of that support will arrive in this sweet little card!!! I'm sure she doesn't have a problem with mice!!

Here are some other challenges for today, Crafty Creations~spring, A Spoonful of Sugar~gems and the ABC challenge~F for flowers! Check them out if you're up to a challenge!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful productive day with whatever you are doing! Peace & Blessings!

27 comments:

Danni said...

Such a sweet card! Great job!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What yummy details and the fun lacing!! I love it!! :) Cute mouse too!!! Hope you're enjoying your day my friend!!

Elena said...

This mouse is adorable! I love the necklace you added! So cute!

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card and a great download!
Clairex

Paula said...

Hiya Maria hope your ok hun? This card is so lovely what a great colour combo you have used.
Paula xxxx

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the pretty colours. Michele x

Donna said...

Hey Maria, gorgeous little card and an even cuter image :) I think this card is wonderful and will be very well received by the recipient, how thoughtful of you :) Donna x

Karolyn Loncon said...

Maria, this is darling!! I love how you blinged her out with diamonds around her neck. How could any girl resist a mouse with diamonds? Thanks so much for the promo of our challenge and for playing along. You ROCK!

Bev said...

Gorgeous card Maria - such a cute image and fab papers x

Karolyn Loncon said...

It's me again!! Is there any chance I could impose upon you to add the link to your card for the Twisted Thursday challenge on my blog using the Mr. Linky box that I just placed inside my post? I finally figured out how to add that little bugger, and would love it if you were the first one to try it out. Hehehe. Thanks, Maria!

Maggie said...

cute card!
Thank you for being a follower at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Don't forget to vote for your favorite.
Maggie

Jane Carroll said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

hugs jane x

Heather said...

This is adorable. I love teh cb'd flower! Cute card!

Donna said...

Wow Maria, I love this adorable card. Embossing the flowers looks amazing, I would never have thought of doing that. Hope your still getting the good weather. Thanks for joining in the crafty creations challenge. Donna x

Jodi said...

Cute card!! Love the embossed flower too! Great job with the coloring too!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Janna said...

Maria this is adorable!! I love the soft colors and the way you did the flower! The embossing looks amazing! And your little mouse with the diamond necklace is perfect! I am so bad at sending my cards out. I really need to adopt your strategy! I am sure the young lady will love it! It will defintilty set her off on her trip on a great note!

Smiles,
janna

Jean said...

What a lovely card - such pretty colours and I love the punched flower and the branch! The mouse with her pearls is so cute.

Jennifer said...

Lovely card Maria. Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Jen x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super take on the challenge. You really nailed it. Love the lace and diamonds -- they are a girl's best friend, after all! Thanks so much for playing!!

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Maria this is adorable! Great work on the sketch and challenge image! Love the textured flower and the lace!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for playing along with a Spoonfull of sugar this week,Hugs Debbie x

Moni said...

Lovely card! Hugs, Moni

Justine said...

HOly crapoly chica, 20 comments. the most I have ever gotten is 7. Did I really just admit what a loser I am. LOL. Thank you for playing with us. Your card is gorgeous. I can't wait to play with this image myself

Lesley said...

Lovely card and I love the flower xx

Jaime said...

Oh what a cute little mouse. Love the card. Thanks for joining us on CCC this week.

Shirley said...

Really really cute little guy and I love the design you gave him.

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

A lovely card - beautifully coloured and love the papers.

Thank you for joining us on abc this week x