*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 21, 2009

Blooms, Cupcakes and Scripture!


I had so much fun making this card...this is my of my fav color combos!!!
The sketch is from Stamps & Smiles...such a lovely sketch blog! I wanted to make a card to encourage a friend so I knew I would be using scripture, then I saw the Corrosive Challenge and their theme-to focus on words....perfect! I found two new (to me) challenges that I also wanted to incorporate; Paper Blooms had a delicious recipe to follow: Blooms, Bling, Butterfly, Brown and a "B" sentiment. How fun is that?!!! And talk about another delicious challenge...try the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge over @ Hope Stamps Eternal! As if cupcakes in and of themselves were not inspirational enough, Rachel shows us some magnificent ones to inspire our art! yum!
I tried to use as many decorative cuts on my card for my lovely friend Donna who choose that theme over @ the One Stop Craft Challenge! How'd I do Donna? {waving} The scallops are a MS punch, the swirl is sizzix, the circles are made with the Creative Memories cutting system and the 3-layer butterflies are also a MS punch! I used SU! dazzling diamonds for the bling, I love that stuff...wonder if you can buy it in bulk???? The blue DP is also SU! and the brown is from a bargain store. The scripture sentiment is SU! elegant inspirations stamp set! I hope you're having a great day. It was all rainy and windy yesterday and last night...today is a little dreary but the grass is such a bright green this morning and growing. It will soon be time to mow the lawn (which has a whole new meaning to me because of Allison F.) Enjoy your day! Many Blessings to you!!!

30 comments:

Danni said...

What a stunning card! So beautiful! Wow! Love it!

Donna said...

(waving right back at ya Maria lol) You outdid yourself Maria this is just STUNNING, your decorative cuts are gorgeous and I love how you put the sentiment ontop of the flowers, fabulous card. Donna x

Leah said...

Oh! This is just absolutely beautiful! I adore that color combo so much:) You did a fantastic job, and thanks so much for playing with us!

Rachel Hope said...

Stunning card!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcakes!!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Wow Maria, this is such a stunning creation!! Beautiful colors and layout!!

Ann said...

This is totally beautiful! Love the blue/brown combo, and your butterflies are so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Paper Blooms this week! ;)

Susan said...

Just beautiful, Maria. I love the details on it and the flowers are fabulous! Just stunning.

Janet said...

such a great card! thanks for playing:)
hugs

Donna said...

Hey Maria, fantastic card and what a gorgeous colour combo, so elegant :) Sophie went back to school yesterday and James went Monday, only 5 weeks and they break up again lol! :) Donna x

Rose said...

My how fantastic to combine so many challenges in one card, way to go!!! Love the colors and the verse is a great one. Thanks so much for joining us at PaperBlooms and I hope you keep playing with us :-)

Jill said...

beautiful card maria so elegant hugs Jill xx

Sharon said...

Fantastic card Maria. Those decorative edges are wonderful. Beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Melissa Craig said...

This is sooo lovely Maria! Thanks for playing!

jacque4u2c said...

You took this one over the top - it looks awesome!

Cassie said...

Way to go incorporating all of those challenges into one card! That, for me, would be a challenge all in itself ;) Beautiful card, and soooo happy you played along over at Paper Blooms!

Mercy said...

maria...this is one phenomenal card! great colors and dimension!

thanks for playing along with this week's sas sketch, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Joan Ervin said...

Soooo beautiful, Maria!!! That is one of my favorite color combos and I love the stamps you used!!! This is one fabulous multi challenge card!!!

Patti J said...

This is just beautiful! Blue and brown is one of my favorite color combinations and you rocked it on this card girl!!! Way to go!

bolha said...

Really stunning card! Love the color combo and butterflies are adorable.
x Natasha x

Nicola said...

Stunning card Maria, I love your colour combo and this lovely image with the most beautiful of verses. Wonderful punching and details my friend and congratulations on tying this little masterpiece in with so many challenges.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Leslie said...

This is a stunning card. Simply beautiful.
Hugs, Leslie

Allison said...

love that colour combo too, fab card and what a beautiful sentiment
Allisonx

Deb Neerman said...

This is so beautiful, Maria!! Love it ... and blue and brown is one of my very favorite color combinations!

Hmmmm, never tried the SU Dazzlin' Diamonds ... must add it to my never-ending Wish List!

Have a great day!

Jenn Embry said...

Fabulous card! So beautiful and elegant. This challenge actually stumped me a little bit. I love what you've done with it. BTW, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving kind comments. You made me smile! :)

Elena said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the sparkles on the flowers! Very nice colors too!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Maria, LOVE the fun design and pretty detail!! Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer :)

Valems said...

Beautiful card! I love the colours.
Thanks for playing
Hugs, Vanja

Cheryl Walker said...

Wow this is very very very pretty!!! Love the colors and the sketch you used ont his!!! Great job!!!!

Anne said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for taking the Corrosive Challenge this week :)

Colleen Wold said...

This is such a beautiful card!