*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 24, 2009

A Corner Bookmark from a Sweetheart!

Here's something new for me...a corner bookmarker. As before, I've seen plenty of them but never made one. Well, I saw a fabulous tutorial from Aud over @ Follow Your Heart, she made it look so easy, so I gave it a try! She decorated the backside so I did too! (the pink corner slides over the page corner, if you're unfamiliar with this type)

I used pink,white and black from the Colour Create challenge; the pink ultra sparkly DP is DCWV spring glitter pack. The polka dot stripe on the back was scraps from a Summer Driggs digi download. My Anki Sweetheart is Julia with Flowers available at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design shop exclusively! Isn't she sweet? I thought everytime Grandma uses her bookmark she will be reminded of one of her sweet little granddaughters or great granddaughters ready to give her some sparkly flowers! (not that grandmas need reminded!) Also, the Crafty Creations challenge this week is to make a bookmark!! I hope you give it a go, especially if you've not made a corner bookmark before...be sure to checkout Aud's awesome tutorial!!!

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back shortly with another fun digi card for Spring...weather forecasts a very nice day today in the mid-seventies...my cold toes can't wait to enjoy that!

Blessings to you!!!



***Note:

While you're over at SCACD's shop be sure to checkout the "SPECIALS" section for some whopping 50% off stamps and other goodies!

And there's still time to win some FREE stamps by completing the sketch challenge over in the www.PaperCraftPlanet.com (PCP) SCACD group!


18 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So so adorable Maria!! Really love the pretty colors and yes, these bookmarks are so fun to make!! :) TFS!

Aud said...

Your bookmark is so pretty!♥
It's so much fun to see other girls do their versions of the bookmark!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Big hugs,
Aud

Saskia said...

Oooh... so sweet and beautiful!!! Lovely bookmark!

Thanks for taking part at the Crafty Creations Challenge!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Christine said...

Hi! I found you through the Crafty Creations blog and I just wanted to let you know that I was having a giveaway! And if you want an extra entry, you can participate in the bookmark challenge! Go check it out.

Blessings,
Christine

Nicola said...

Wow this is gorgeous Maria, I love your colour choice and would now like to try this myself. -x-

Danni said...

You did such a great job on this!! Awesome!!

Shirley said...

She is too sweet and how pretty her background details are too!

Elena said...

Oh, Maria, I love your idea with this bookmark! Very beauitful colors of the papers! And what a precious girl!

Cindy Malone said...

Wow, that bookmark is way cool! I'm gonna have to make some of those. Thanks for the link to the tutorial :-)

Blessings,
Cindy

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Maria. Finally!! i am so sorry i havn't been by for a while, i know you are aware with whats been happening at my end. Things are not settled yet, but hopefully in a couple of weeks ill get back to normal!! i hope you are well my friend. I am so grateful for the lovely comments you left on my blog, you are indeed a lovely lady, and i appreciate your kind words! you have been busy with so many gorgeous makes since my last visit. I have enjoyed catching up with you! i hope you have a good weekend, and i look forward to visiting again soon, big hugs Linda x

Donna said...

Fantastic bookmark Maria, love the design, very nice indeed :) Donna x

Carol said...

Maria,
These corner bookmarks are such a great idea! So fun and easy to make, helps to use up those pesky little scraps that I always think I need to save....;0)
Thanks for the inspiration!
Carol

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love it Maria!! I have never made one. It looks like fun. I will just have to try that tutorial.
Blessings,
Chris

CraftyC said...

These are beautiful Maria, beautiful images!
Clairex

tracy said...

Hi Maria
many thanks for linking my candy to your blog good luck in the draw you have a lovely blog I am off to explore some more on here!
Tracy x

Mae said...

Great job Maria. Very cute.

Ann said...

So pretty! Love the color combo!

Jaime said...

That is adorable. i am going to have to give those a try Thanks for joining CCC this week.