*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 19, 2009

An Experiment....






Ok, so I took a little blog break over the wknd and then I tried playing around with some new "stuff"! The flower wagon is a die cut, the DP is K&co and the layer in between is a pc of muslin bandage! The ladies at the Saturday Workout blog challenged us to use muslin and this is way out of my comfort zone, but I wanted to give it a go...ya know, keep things exciting, right?! I also used a rub on but then covered most of it with the muslin, you can see it on the edges through the middle! The sketch is from the Limelight challenge. The other challenges I tried to incorporate were: ABC's letter J for jagged, Cute Card Thursday's theme -flowers, Stamping B's-die cuts and The Pink Elephant's color challenge of pink,green& yellow! With some practice and maybe a little more thought I could be inspired to try using the muslin again, I thought it was a pretty cool idea!

I tried another really cool idea that actually worked, but I'm saving that for later! :)

Thank you for stopping by and being patient with me while I step out of my box! Abundant Blessings to you!!!

31 comments:

Danni said...

This is stunning! Wow!! What a wonderful job you did on this..gorgeous!!

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous card Maria. It's simply breathtaking.

Mandy said...

Maria, this is BREATHTAKING!! Such a gorgeous, gorgeous card! I'll be featuring it tomorrow on my blog... Thanks for playing along!! :)

Nilla said...

WOW Maria, please go ahead get out of your comfort zone, this is stunning! hugs from Nilla

Patti J said...

Wow! Great job Maria! Must have taken you forEVER!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Wow!!! This is just gorgeous!! I love that muslin piece!!

Sandy said...

OMG Maria this is absolutely fantastic.
Really romantic and brilliant background. Love them.

Thanks Maria for playing this technique on SaWo.

Nicola said...

So pleased you stepped out of your comfort zone Maria because this is a little work of art. Love all your detail and that linen looks awesome.
Hugs
Nicola -x-

herminesplace said...

This looks great

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Maria!! This is awesome!! I love the image and the use of muslim. Thanks for visiting my blog and for introducing yourself! I am amazed at the number of homeschooling moms out there. I decided to blog hop on over and I am so glad I did! Awesome blog and creations!
blessings,
Chris

Femmy said...

fabulous canvas!!!

bolha said...

It´s defenetly something new but gorgeous just as well. Great card.
x Natasha x

Helen said...

This is beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Donna said...

Fabulous card Maria, your risk paid off, I love the muslin idea. Donna x

Deb said...

Beautiful card! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge!
Have a great day! Debx

Anesha said...

Beautiful, love the colours.

Donna said...

Beautiful and pretty card Maria, the papers you have used with your image are just gorgeous :) hope you enjoyed your blog break over the weekend :) Donna x

Emma said...

Hi Maria
Wow your card is stunning....really beautiful.
Congrats on making the digital tuesday team too, looks like we are both going to be busy ladies.
Looking forward to seeing your creations too.
Emma x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Now this is just GORGEOUS Maria!! Your experiment looks like it turned out very well!! :) TFS!

Heidi Van Laar said...

What a beautiful card! I love the texture the muslin gives!

Valems said...

This is amazing, Maria!

Hugs, Vanja

Susan said...

Wow! What a stunninging beautiful card, Maria! I love it and would never have thought about using muslin. Just fabulous!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Kim Piggott said...

So very beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Dawn said...

Wow this is just stunning!

Elena said...

Wow! Fabulous card! Flower cart is so beauitful! And muslin gives a very interesting texture to the card!

Paula said...

Hi Maria this is so pretty love the colour's. Thankyou so much for your lovely get well wishes im feeling much better now Thankyou.
Paula xxxx

Ellen said...

great canvas I love that background

Jennifer said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Jen x

stampingheaven said...

This is fabulous Maria, thanks for joining in the ABC fun this week. Ali x

Deb Neerman said...

WoWZa! This is stunning, Maria!!

Shirley said...

This is absolutely lovely and just so elegant! I love every inch of it~!