*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!






Happy Earth Day!

Have you enjoyed nature today? Celebrated this wonderful brown, green and blue planet we live on? How do stampers celebrate Earth Day???? With a card of course! This card is also to celebrate becoming a design team member of the Digital Tuesday Challenge blog! yeah! I'm really enjoying digi stamps and that is the only requirement for participating in the weekly Digital Tues challenges. We set a theme and you must use at least one digi stamp (from any company!), easy peasy, huh? The prize is free digis from The Digital Stamp Oasis! This weeks theme is a color challenge: brown, green +one color of your choice (white/cream as a neutral) I hope you have a chance to play along!
I choose blue for my "other" color and used papers from K&co. The FREE digi image is from the very generous Nicole at Inky Impressions. Thank you Nicole, this makes a wonderful Earth Day card! This little fairy is colored with prismas and is just right for Danni's Flutter By Wednesday challenge. The sketch is from Card Patterns!



So, as I said, I celebrated Earth day with this card but we also planted 4 trees in the yard, then the teenaged boys helped two other neighbors plant some trees...


Looking at these pix, my oldest sons are like night & day. #2 son is wearing a cap & work boots and #1 son is barefoot with a tee shirt on! lol Each a true blessing!

Have a glorious day! I be back with another FREE digi stamp...I'm desparately trying to figure out where I downloaded it from so as to give proper credit!
Blessings!!!

14 comments:

Donna said...

Yay Maria! Congratulations hun on your design team position, you'll be a fantastic inspiration for all us stampers. Your card is beautiful, I love how you stamped the branches at the top. What a lovely idea to plant some tree's, a great way to celebrate. Ok, I'm making a note now to do a card for your challenge so hopefully I will have it on my blog tomorrow. Take care. Donna x

Elena said...

Wow! This digi-stamp is so CUTE! Really, really love it! And your precious card too!
Thank you for sharing all of the links!

Nicola said...

Congratulations on your DT position Maria, you are such an inspiritaion which this beautiful card proves. This is such a sweet image especially when in your capable hands. Thank you also for fluttering by with us.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Donna said...

Hi Maria, this is such a wonderful card and so beautfully put together, it is incredibly cute and sweet :) great piccy's of the boys planting the trees, we did cut the grass today but not sure that's really celebrating Earth day lol! Congratulations on your win over at Stamp With Us!

Donna said...

Sorry Maria, I meant to also say Congratulations on your DT position, everyone will love your cards :) Donna x

Danni said...

Congrats!!!
Wonderful card!! What a sweet image!!Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

Nancy said...

Maria, your card is beautiful! I too have this image, and I still have yet to use it! Thanks for playing in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge!!

Patti J said...

Congrats on being chosen for the design team! I'm so happy for you! (when I grow up I wanna be just like you!!!).....

Very cute card - the stamp set is sweet and your coloring is delightful.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congratulations on the dt position!! You will inspire so many with your awesome creations. I love this image. It is so cute!! Glad you played along with all the Flutter Bys!

Nilla said...

First congrats on your DT job, then congrats on a very beautiful card, then congrats on helping planet earth! Lot of hugs from Nilla in Malaysia

Emma said...

Hi Maria
Gorgeous card...love the image.
Emma x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! Love that cute image with her sitting on the clothespin!! What a great Earth Day card and I really LOVE the way you've celebrated it too!! That's so awesome!!! :) Thanks for all you do!!

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card and happy Earth Day to you too!

Anjou Krelovich said...

What a great card! Love the adorable little girl!